Do you love to meander down the trail taking in what nature has to offer and perhaps looking for that overlooked picture along the way to capture? Are you a person who loves exploring and sharing the adventure with other like minded nature lovers?
Who Are We?
You will find that we come from many countries around the world. We are a friendly group that enjoys meeting other nature lovers. A picture is worth a thousand words so be sure to check out our photo albums of the past adventures! Over 1200 albums now! Welcome to the group! See you at an upcoming event!
The organizers all have a common thread which is a strong passion for nature. Each organizer has their own style and brings you a variety of opportunities to experience an adventure in nature.
The Meet Ups?
* Walks in the city * Hiking in the mountains * Walking and Hiking with Kids * Snowshoeing * Scrambles * Educational Instruction * Touring trips * Cycling * Potluck, BBQs and Restaurants * Photography Walks/Hikes
(Please post a good photo of yourself so members can recognize each other as we meet up for events.)
How To Enhance Your Experience With The Calgary Nature Lovers.
This group runs through the generous donations of the members. The website costs are $14.99 a month USD payable every six months with the next payment due in Feb, 2016. Donations are graciously accepted. This is a non profit group. The organizers and assistant organizers put in their time as a labor of love. (As of January 12, 2016, $534.38 is the balance remaining towards our next payment which is due next February so we are now good for the next two years!)
1. Please welcome Debbie B and Laura Principe as new Event Organizers!
2. Many thanks to all the organizers and members who posted meetup events throughout the year! If you get some time, go through the album thumbnails and see where all we have been. this past year.
3. If you have been to a number of meetups and there is a place where you want to go, use the "Member's Suggestion" option on the Home Page and make it happen! You do not have to hunting elsewhere to find an event to attend.
Bringing people and nature together and making new friends along the way!
- added by Dean H. Organizer Aug 15, 2011 to Present