1817 Crowchild Trail N.W.
Next to the pedestrian overpass to the Banff Trail LRT Station
DESCRIPTION: Day Hike
First, a relatively easy trip along a well-maintained trail up to the fork of Ribbon Creek, then a more difficult hike up the trail to the Memorial Lakes. Some easy scrambling to the upper lakes. This is a lovely trail and I hope to reach the third lake.
DISTANCE: 16 kms return
EST TIME: 6-7 hours est.
HEIGHT GAIN: 759m
If there are people on the waiting list, I beg that you have consideration for them! If you do not plan to come on this hike, please drop off the list as soon as you can! It is not fair to the people who are waiting for a spot if you drop off the night before, at two in the morning the day of, or just don't show up at all.
You will need to sign a waiver for this trip.
Here is the essential items packing list for this trip. This packing list is intended to keep you safe and comfortable on the trail and prepare you for possible situations:
- proper hiking footwear (Hiking shoes only. No sneakers, sandals, or flip flops, they can cause blisters, punctures and sprains)
- First Aid Kit (Please include treatment for blisters, small wounds, and sprains. Please put any medical information such as allergies, conditions and emergency contacts in your kit.)
- Athletic, quick dry clothing (polyester, nylon or wool) - no cotton, it doesn't dry fast enough and can lead to blisters or, in the worst case scenario, hypothermia - yes it happens at the height of summer too!
- Rain coat and rain pants
- A warm layer (sweater, fleece...)
- Lunch and snacks
- a flashlight or headlamp (I don't plan to be stuck on the trail in the dark, but it can happen and we don't want to be stuck out overnight because a group member forgot to bring a light source.)
- Water (at least two litres)
- Cash to pay driver for gas (if not driving yourself).