This Meetup is cancelled

Moderate Scramble. TBA

  • Shouldice Arena

    Hwy 1 & Home Road, Calgary, AB (map)

    51.071499 -114.164856

  • 2002 Chevy Cavalier. Navy Blue.
  • When you arrive to the meet up location. Look for a car with a red flashing LED on top of it. This is to help people find me in the morning.

    Please carefully read the gear requirements and trip difficulty ratings. It is the responsibility of the participant to check for any updates, changes or cancellations before the trip. Gear checks will be conducted at the meet up location. Failure to have the required gear will result in the participant not attending the trip.

    Make sure that you have paid for a 2013 membership with the CSMC. Payment can be made online or at the meeting location. Waivers are mandatory for every trip and can be printed online or filled out at the meeting location. Cost for membership with the CSMC is $20 for 2013. Be sure to also bring extra money for car pooling costs.
    Group size: 8 Mandatory gear:

    Mountaineering axe and knowledge of its use, avalanche gear (Shovel, probe, beacon. hiking boots, helmet, micro spikes, warm clothes and gloves, shell jacket, pants and gloves, balaclava, ski goggles, hiking poles, food and water, headlamp, NO COTTON CLOTHES OR GEAR.

    Gear recommended:

    Camera.

    Possible Hazards:

    Ticks, rock fall, exposure (Not the naked kind), yogi bear, snow or ice, my sense of humor, high winds.

    Expect this trip to be a moderate pace. Should there be good weather, expect quick stops for pictures and an extended break on the summit.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me at[masked]

Join or login to comment.

  • Brandon B

    Yea, I am just going to cancel the trip.

    April 13, 2013

  • julie m.

    Sorry Brandon, considering weather and avi conditions, you will have to count me out. I really want to join you on this one whwn you repost it. P.S. I am only available mid week and Sundays. Thanks!

    April 13, 2013

  • Brandon B

    Just looked at the weather forecast and Calgary has a snowfall warning in affect for tonight and tomorrow. Amounts 10-20 cms. I am going to examine the weather closely today and I may cancel the trip tomorrow. Can everyone that is going message or text me their number so I can notify you guys and gals tonight.

    April 13, 2013

  • Brandon B

    I am going to change the objective as we only have three people, the weather forecast and avi forecast is not looking good and Brandon doesnt have avi gear. Suggestions on an alternate route.

    April 13, 2013

  • Brandon B

    Just a note to everyone that Tom will be showing up Sunday Morning at 6am to conduct a quick competency test regarding everyone's ability to use their avalanche equipment. it should take about 20 minutes to do. This is a yearly exam and once a member has undergone it, will not need to be retested until a year later. It is important that everyone is on time Sunday morning. Should anyone not be able to prove that they are efficient in doing a search with their beacon, they will not be allowed on this trip. That includes me too :)

    April 9, 2013

Cancelled

Membership dues

CAD20.00 Before first outing

This covers: Club gear, subsidize training costs, Event Organizer incentives.

Payment is accepted using:

  • PayPal

Your organizer will refund you if:

  • Refunds will be offered at the discretion of the CSMC Executive and on a case by case basis.

Our Sponsors

Create a Meetup Group and meet new people

Get started Learn more
Allison

Meetup has allowed me to meet people I wouldn't have met naturally - they're totally different than me.

Allison, started Women's Adventure Travel

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy