So, it's Valentine's Day.mmm So, it's a full moon. mmmm So it's been snowing quite a bit in K Country (reports of in excess of 60 cm, in some parts). And I don't know what condition Heart Mtn is in.
Therefore I am going to change the venue to the lookout on Barrier Mtn as it is very straight forward with no technical challenges.
Elevation gain is about 650 meters
Car to car time will be about 4 hours
· Ski poles
· Daypack (large enough for spare clothes, lunch & equipment, 30 litre minimum recommended)
· · Sunglasses and/or ski goggles
· Thermos flask and/or water bottle (1 - 2 Liters)
· Sun screen
· Pocket knife
· First Aid Kit
· Emergency Bivy Sack
· Lighter/Fire Starter
· Head Lamp
· · Crampons/Microspikes
· Compass with clinometer
· Clothing List
· Synthetic or synthetic/wool blend underwear (top and bottom)
· Warm pants (softshell, insulated, or fleece)
· Warm shirt (not cotton)
· Sweater or fleece jacket
· Insulated jacket or vest
· Waterproof jacket with hood (Gore-Tex or nylon)
· Waterproof pants (Gore-Tex or nylon)
· Socks (wool outer, synthetic blend liner)
· Wool or fleece hat
· Warm gloves and light glove liner
I will be carrying a short piece of rope as well.
Membership: You need to be a Member of the Calgary Scrambling and Mountaineering Club to come play with us.Please make your payment online (see the Membership button in the left column).
NOTE: If conditions change significantly over the next 2 weeks we will choose another destination instead.