add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Calgary .net User Group Message Board › Azure Camp

Azure Camp

Simon T.
user 14642563
Group Organizer
Calgary, AB
Hi everybody,
Goodness only a few days to go before Azure camp. This one has really snuck up on me but I'm really excited for it. If something has come up and you can no longer attend please do cancel as we have a few people on the waiting list.
Before you come it would be great if you could sign up for Azure. Azure has some protection in place to prevent too many people signing up at once from a single IP address so if you don't sign up beforehand you might not be able to get an account. There are a couple of options for getting free access to Azure:
MSDN Subscribers, did you know that you receive up to $150/month in Windows Azure credits and reduced rates? Activate your Windows Azure benefits using this link. Also, don’t forget to install Visual Studio 2013 from the MSDN Subscriber downloads website.
If you’re not an MSDN Subscriber, activate a one-month Windows Azure trial subscription ($200 Credit) and Install Visual Studio Express 2013 at no cost or grab a trial of Visual Studio.
If you're interested in using a non .net language such as JavaScript, Python or Ruby please come with an environment set up for it.  We can help a bit on that front but we're not experts in these languages.
Azure is a huge offering so we're not going to have enough time to cover everything. If you have specific topics you'd like to cover please fill out our poll­.
Finally if you're late on Saturday you may find the door to the building to be locked. Just drop me a call or text message at 403.400.0338 and somebody will come down and let you in.
Simon Timms