Let's "Do the Zoo" again... Bring the spouse, the kids, and anyone in-between. An ($8 Adult/$4 Child) admission gives you viewing access to over 1.5 million lights ready to astound the kid in all of us - wow!!! That's almost 2,000 lights per penny - talk about value for money! Website: Calgary Zoo - Zoolights info What you'll find, if this is new to you, this 'do at the zoo...
- NEW this year, 9 unique, animated animal light figures! A must see!
- Back by popular demand, chat LIVE with Santa direct from the North Pole via SantaVision presented by Remax. While there, don’t forget to enter to win weekly hot air balloon rides in the Remax Balloon!! A special draw on Zoo Years Eve will be made for a Champagne balloon ride for 2!
- NEW this year, Video Postcards! Send a holiday message or song to loved ones! Brought to you by ColossoVision
- Creamy hot chocolate and Crackling fire pits
- Festival of Choirs
- Winter-FUN-derland Kids play area including: Snowball Alley, Snow Bowling, The Reindeer Stables or Snigloo
- Customer Favourites, Candy Cane Lane and the Tunnel of Love!
Don’t forget to bring a non-perishable Food item for the Food Bank and you will receive a 2 for 1 coupon to visit the Zoo in the spring! You can buy your ticket(s):
- at the Zoo gate when you arrive - THIS IS A PAY-YOUR-OWN-WAY event! I'm not pre-purchasing tickets...
- on the Zoo website
- at Co-Op stores (says the Zoo, but I see nothing on the CoOp website to confirm this)
Let's see who can take the most creative, artistic, or just darned "wow" photo at the Zoo! Be sure to bring your camera (video, too - there are new ANIMATED figures to shoot... figuratively, I mean...) to capture the magic. No prizes for the winning photo, but recognition will be bestowed!
I have invited the Photography Meetup Group to join us, as it's a fun photo opportunity for all. My own photos from 2006 were awful, so I invited them to offer any advice (shooting outdoors, in the dark, with specific bright lights, etc... can be a challenge), and at least one member has offered his assistance - thanks, Michael!! The link to the Photography Meetup event with us is HERE.