Please arrive by 6:45 am, meetup won't let me schedule it any earlier! Also dress casually with closed toe shoes :)
Come help those who can't help themselves and serve breakfast at the Calgary Drop-In Center! It is a one hour commitment and a great way to start the day by making a small difference in someone's life! I'm hoping to get 10 volunteers to make this event a success. :)
I think it would be great to give some time to serve breakfast and follow up with a fellowship breakfast breakfast afterwards.
NEW INFO FROM THE THE DROP IN CENTER:
· Please park on the South side of the building (right in front) where it is marked ‘Reserved Parking’.. this is for our Volunteers!
· Should these stalls be full, please ask Security to unlock the ‘Parking Compound’ where staff park (East of building), for additional overflow parking.
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL:
· Please go to Security and they will direct you up to the 2nd floor ‘Volunteer Office’(in the hygiene area), where you may securely leave your coat and any valuables.
· You will then be directed by one of our wonderful staff members who will bring you to the KITCHEN to commence your volunteering stay.
1. If you are volunteering in the kitchen, please wear closed toed shoes and appropriate clothing which you are comfortable in; the only other item required … is your SMILE J
2. You are welcome to bring cameras to take pictures of your group during their volunteering stay. Please do not take photos or videos of our clients; this is restricted without their expressed and written consent. Thank you for your cooperation.