A great team effort and a win is always a bonus, especially when we had a team of eight taking on much smaller teams. :) Only thing that keeps me from giving it five stars was the lack of suitable air conditioning at the venue -- crap it was hot in there!
Always interesting to see how the various pub quizzes work. Some observations for other members who weren't able to attend:
- No maximum on the team size.
- Smaller prize pool ($25 off the tab for first place)
- Much more Canadian content
- Much less emphasis on music
- Four rounds of twenty general knowledge "write in the answer" questions, with a "closest to the correct answer" round in the middle
- One question in each of the four rounds is a "betting" question. In rounds 1-3 you wager 5, 10 or 15 points. In the final round you can wager 5-50 points. One wrong answer can ruin an otherwise great performance.
- Scoring is done and announced after each round
- It takes a long time to complete...roughly three hours
0 · July 3