***PLEASE READ ALL****
Gates will open at 8:00am and riders must be in saddle ready to ride by 9:00 am. Gates will be locked at 9:00 am.
This is a special event arranged through Caloosa Saddle Club with Conservation 20/20 staff. Tentatively Telegraph Creek Preserve is scheduled to have a small trailer parking area and trail system finished by the end of 2014 and officially opened for hiking and equestrian use.
Description: Seven mile ride on disked sandy firelines and grass trails. This ride travels through prairie with limited shade. Multiple cross fencing (barbed wire) and gates exist on-site and cattle may be encountered.
Entrance location: Entrance drive is on the north side of North River Road approximately 2 miles west of the Franklin Lock entrance drive and approximately 1 mile east of Armeda. The entrance drive is on a sharp bend with no turn lane. This entrance is not the primitive trailhead entrance located between River Estates and the entrance to Franklin Locks.
Things to know:
- No dogs allowed on ride.
- Participants must ride on designated fireline and mowed trail and not off-trail across the prairie or interfere with cattle on-site.
- No restroom facilities, designated parking, potable water, mounting blocks or trail improvements.
- Trailer parking will be in a pasture which may have hog ruts. The pasture has old furrows/ditches to navigate.
- Access into the Preserve is via a one lane road so drivers will need to use caution when entering and exiting.
- Cattle are present along trails and could be encountered at any time.
- Horses will walk through several gates to access trail. All gates must remain in the open/closed position you find them in.
- Proper trail attire should be worn.
- WALK/TROT only! Those who do not follow the rules will be asked to leave and banned from future rides.
- Riders must be 8 years of age or older and able to competently handle their horse in a group ride situation. No ponying or riding double.
- Riders should have Coggins paperwork in their possession.
- Riders participating in this event must remain with trail boss and follow the designated trail.
- Only registered participants will be allowed on this ride. Anyone not registered showing up at the gate will be turned away.
- Signing of hold harmless waivers will be required on day of ride.