Cambridge Game Creators Message Board › The "30 members target" met :)

The "30 members target" met :)

Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB

Hello everyone,

I am sincerely glad to announce that we (the Cambridge Game Developers community) have reached 30 members
as of today.

This has been a personal goal for me since starting the meetup. In my opinion, it marks the difference
between a small group and a growing community with a lot of potential. So thanks to you all.

The 30th member who joined is Faried of Sony Cambridge, and an ex-Guerrilla and Bandai Namco developer.

I had also hoped to see a mixture of different expertise in the group, and I can confidently
say that we have turned out to be a very interesting mix of people so far. Indies, artists, people with
a more business oriented interest, programmers, level designers, those who used to be in the games industry,
those who are hobbyists, etc.

So to celebrate, those who will join us in the Bill's Cafe tomorrow will be welcomed with Champagne.

The next target is 100. It seems a bit difficult considering Cambridge is a small area, however
according to one of our more experienced members Cambridge is now one of the top two hubs of
game developers in the UK; may be an ambitious statement but it certainly is a good sign :)

Let's get together, celebrate, and plan to grow the community to the next target.

See you all

Ramin
Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 26
Glad to announce that our latest member, Dean Ellis, is going to be Mr "No. 50" :)
Dean E.
user 56916292
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 1
Mr "No. 50" eh :)
Lee P.
user 4507018
Bedford, GB
Post #: 372
75, hello all.
Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 29
Yes indeed, and we have No. 76 too. It is fast approaching 100 which is very promising. We all hope to see more designers & artists join the group so that we can run "real game" hack days where we can have design and assets made during the day as well as the programming. Can be very exciting...
Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 31
... and only 20 to go before our next target of 100 members :)
Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 33
... nearly there with 94 members! keep an eye, "there will be champagnes" :)
Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 36
100th Member just joined smile
http://www.meetup.com...­