Cambridge Game Creators Message Board › Wanting to learn unity

Wanting to learn unity

katie
user 47314602
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 13
Hi

I'm thinking of adding unity to my list of things I would like to learn. Given the amazing ness of this group it would be ideal if someone on here who had the skills would be prepared to show me the ropes? Obviously not for nothing as time is money and things. Would anyone be willing to help me out? I'm hoping to get to the point where I can easily run a unity application on an iOS device.

Kind regards

Katie
Ramin
user 30550902
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 48
Hi Katie

I am trying to talk to a couple of people who are masters of Unity so that we can
run a few sessions. It might take until October though - it is not easy to schedule
these talks quickly.

I like to learn more myself.

Ramin
A former member
Post #: 2
This is something I would be interested in too. :)
Lindsay
user 21356021
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 9
and me.
I am now making the switch from XBox 360 XNA over to Unity Pro and really liking it. I love the fact that you only pay the £75 a month for when you are using it.
I have already written my first Unity 3D world and walked around it using the Oculus Rift and was amazed at how easy it was and how good it looks.
By October I may have some useful input to give.
Cheers all.
Lindsay
user 21356021
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 10
Katie:
While waiting for seminars and trainers you may want to look up these:

http://www.youtube.co...­
(Unity tutorial videos)

http://activeden.net/...­
Starter Kits for most styles of games. You buy the kit and then tailor it to match your own graphics and rules.

Hope that helps a little,

Lins.
katie
user 47314602
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 17
Thanks guys, I will have a look at some of these over the next few weeks. Right now I'm working like crazy to get a small mobile apps development business off the ground. Unity is going to be become more important as I move forward. It would be great if we as a group could negotiate some sort of partnership agreement akin to the one we have with Adobe? Do you think this might be an option Ramin?

Kind Regards

Katie