Cambridge Mobile App Group Message Board › The Apprentice - Mobile Phone Application

The Apprentice - Mobile Phone Application

Jakub C.
j.cz
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 5
For those who don't watch TV, tomorrow's The Apprentice will be all about Mobile Phone App : http://www.bbc.co.uk/...­

When : Wed 11th May 2011 at 21:00 on BBC One

Synopsis

An early morning delivery sends the candidates into the fast-paced world of technology. Lord Sugar challenges the teams to think big and go global as they must design, launch and promote a new mobile phone application.

In the battle for downloads, the teams must create a mobile app and pitch it to three influential technology websites to become 'App of the Day', as well as attempt to convince a huge crowd of bloggers and software experts at a major gaming fair to support the application and increase downloads.

With their apps downloadable for 24 hours, a dramatic result leads to a fierce boardroom battle, and one more candidate faces Lord Sugar's immortal words: 'You're fired'.
Tony S.
user 11265653
Chelmsford, GB
Post #: 2
I reckon this programme will annoy the hell out of me, but will be worth watching anyway :)
A former member
Post #: 2
That was best Apprentice yet! Who would have guessed? Even most of the girl's team rejected their own app, just before they were announced the winner.

Also no one seemed to get it, until Sugar actually had to spell it out... "The World Didn't Like It". Eh? Oh yeah!

What sells and what doesn't sell world-wide, is evidently unpredictable or as Slangatang might have said "It's random init!" (...can't remember the name of the Girl's app).

Give me a niche market anyday.

Jakub C.
j.cz
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 6
I think it mainly shows the power of good article on a mainstream on-line magazine. Although I don't remember where exactly the girls published their article and who was the magazine's target.
A former member
Post #: 3
That is what I thought too, until Sugar said otherwise and made me think about it...

...regional accents in slang are pretty limited whereas silly noises are universal and work in India, China, Russia, South America, Africa, the middle east etc.

If the "select" audience had *really* liked Slangatang then they would have started a cascade via Twitter etc through the UK (at the least) and if that had happened then it would have spread through the US and Australia/NZ (at the least) too.

**************************************­***********************
I just googled slangatang and got 2,340 hits.
I just googled "ambi apps" and got 73 hits.

Which restores my faith in human nature - maybe if those apps had only been on the iPhone, the English-speaking peoples would have preferred it - but because of Apple's two week "approval" hassle, they lost out here smile

**************************************­***********************
Does "Angry Birds" use any language? (I have never seen it).
Jakub C.
j.cz
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 7
There is an interesting article about this episode : "The Apprentice apps - what the expert really thought, INTERVIEW: Grapple CEO Alistair Crane"

http://www.pocket-lin...­