Cambridge Mobile App Group Message Board › My Government backed app.

My Government backed app.

Lindsay
user 21356021
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 3
I know this post is going to sound a bit like me blowing my own trumpet WEHEYY. but I am so proud of my latest achievement and I wanted to share it with you all.

I had my last iPhone app endorsed by the government and Vince Cable presented it at the Business centre in Westminster last week.
I felt well proud in a room with me and about 100 reporters and wotnot standing by a 6 foot billboard of my App, and then Vince came on stage and was up there using and endorsing my app.

I was so chuffed.
I think at the last meetup at the Cambridge Blue when I came along and introduced meself, I had to be careful just how much I gave away about the app because I submitted it with a go live date 5 days before but Vince Cable wanted to officially be the first to use it and then present it to the public so I couldnt tell anyone about it or that they could download it.

Anyways now I can tell the world, so here is a few press releases and videos and stuff about my new app.

Press Release

Promo Video

Daily Mirror Blog Post

And Vince with MY APP biggrin

My next job is to port it to WP7, Blackberry and Android now so I'm knee deep in learning Cordova (Phonegap)
I should also be submitting my next app for another customer to the store this week so I'll be back on here raving about that one soon as well heheh. That one was done with Adobe AIR for the Blackberry, Android and iPhone (not WP7) I seem to be learning all the new multi platform tools at the moment.

See you all soon at a meetup when I get a bit more spare time,

Lindsay.
A former member
Post #: 5
...I don' think we met, but I just want to say "Well Done You!!"

Regards

Katie
Tony S.
user 11265653
Chelmsford, GB
Post #: 48
Nice one! Sounds a good idea and I've just had a bit of a play with it and seems to work well :)
Jakub C.
j.cz
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 18
Congratulations! Well done :)