Cambridge Mobile App Group Message Board › iPhone / Android Developer - Cambridge

iPhone / Android Developer - Cambridge

Cherry S.
user 66472082
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 2
Good Morning,

I am currently recruiting for an iPhone / Android Developer for a client of mine in Cambridge.

It is a permanent role - salary up to £30,000.

If you are interested in hearing more then please feel free to call me on 01223 393950.

All calls will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

Kind regards,
Cherry
Mark R.
MarkRCambs
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 13
Is that a realistic salary? If it is then I have just lost interest in using my Android skills for a day job. Could anyone working as a permie Android application dev comment?
katie
user 47314602
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 8
I'm 40% an android permie these days :-) and I think this is too low. But then again someone just out of uni might fancy it for a while. A good permanent job would be about 2/3rds what the contract rate would be. Contract rates are pushing at 375 per day so if we said that £60k would be top end with everything in. 30k is only half of this. i.e. bottom end.

Cherry S.
user 66472082
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 3
To clarify, this role is more aimed at someone with about 2-3 years experience in industry.

If you were looking at a more Senior Developer role I would say the market average is more £40,000 - 50,000.

Katie - I have never seen a permanent Developer role for Android or iOS quite as high as £60,000.

Not to say that this wouldn't be possible for someone exceptional, just rare.

I hope that helps.
Mark R.
MarkRCambs
Group Organizer
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 14
Surely someone with 2-3 years of both iPhone and Android experience would be one of the most experienced mobile developers around (on current tech), and as such would be making top day-rate as a contractor.

I'm not criticising you, just trying to help you (and myself) understand the actual market as opposed to client fantasies about acquiring cheap talent.
katie
user 47314602
Cambridge, GB
Post #: 10
Hi

I think you will find that someone with 2 or 3 years experience able to do iOS and android development professionally is quite rare. Normally to get good you need experience in excess of this time on other platforms. Most developers we recruit have five+ years in IT. Also when I said "All in" I meant salary with employee taxes.

Hope this helps, good luck with your search :-)

Katie