Cambridge Secular Buddhists Message Board › Book Drive: Books on meditation, etc. requested for prison library in rural PA.

Book Drive: Books on meditation, etc. requested for prison library in rural PA.

Patricia
user 14484810
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
Hi folks,
I'm posting the following book drive notice on behalf of someone I know online who teaches meditation in a prison in rural Pennsylvania. I thought that if anyone had appropriate books, it would be members of this group. If any of you have books on meditation, non-Christian perspectives, or related subjects, please contact Kalyani directly or bring your books to the Mindfulness meeting on Tues. 11/20, where I'll collect them and send them as a bunch.
Thanks,
Patricia Larash

BOOK DRIVE FOR PRISONERS
In November, Kalyani Glass is collecting books for the library of the Adams County (PA) Adult Correctional Facility, where she volunteer-teaches Shiva Nata, a moving meditation. Her students have requested books on Eastern philosophy, religion, and meditation. In this rural area, it is difficult for incarcerated men and women to access resources and support for non-Christian perspectives.
If you have books on these topics that you're willing to donate, please consider passing them on to people who can benefit greatly from them. Kalyani is also accepting donations of books on other inspirational or practical subjects, and she will take the donations to the facility in December. Email kalyaniglass@gmail.com for her address or with questions.