Our meetup is held at Cottage Deli in the Historic Gastown Neighbourhood of Vancouver. The Deli has an amazing view of the waterfront, Canada Place and the North Shore mountains. We hold the meetup outside on the deck. We have people coming to our meetup from more than 50 countries around the world including...
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Fiji, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore. Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Viet Nam and more!
You will make some great friends at our meetup and have a lot of fun. Please remember that most of our members don't sign up for the meetup so there are always more people at the meetup than show on the meetup site.
You can come to the meetup anytime after 4pm. It doesn't matter if you are late. You can also leave anytime you want.
• Start at Waterfront Skytrain Station
• Come out the main door and turn left on Cordova Street
• Walk on Cordova Street toward Gastown
• Turn onto Water Street
• Turn left at 125 Water Street
• Walk to the top of the stairs and you'll find Cottage Deli
Canada Conversation Club is not-for-profit...we make no money from the meetup. Cottage Deli kindly provides us with space to hold our meetup without charging us anything. Cottage Deli would appreciate it if you could order something...even if it's only a water or a pop. :)
The first time you come to our meetup please order something.
At this meetup you can...
• Practice your English speaking and listening with native English speakers in a comfortable and safe environment.
• Talk about any topic or we can give you a topic.
• We provide a relaxed and and fun environment. We don't let people come to the meetup who are only looking for girlfriends or who want to make money from you. Nobody will ask for your phone number or Facebook information.
• Get help with your schoolwork.
• Get advice on job search skills and making a Canadian resume.
• Find out about interesting places to see around Vancouver and Canada.