Discussed at the last meeting and on the forum and messages page was the possibility of setting up a secondary meeting for any that go over the 20 person limit.
We have the limit set to ensure that we can easily get a table booked at the venue and so we have a more consolidated group discussion.
With the idea of the overflow group, anyone who is wait-listed for the main meeting can move their attendance over the the second meeting. Additionally anyone who finds the following week more suitable may want to do so as well. The overflow groups will have the same 20 person limit set to them. And it we manage to fill up the overflow group (a record for the club) we will work out a plan B for that one I guess ;-)
General points about the overflow group:
- I will monitor the RSVPs for meetings and setup the overflow group when I see people starting to appear on the wait-list
- The overflow group will be the Saturday after the main meeting
- Everyone will need to manage their attendance (i.e. remove yourself from one group and add yourself to the other)
- This makes it very important that you keep your RSVP setting current as it will have an impact on other members who may be wait-listed. If you find yourself unable to attend a session please ensure you change your RSVP setting to no and free up a space
- Members are welcome to attend either meeting (or both) and balance out attendance as is suitable
- I will check the RSVPs on the Friday before the meeting and make the table booking. If there are no RSVPs on the meeting by the end of day on the Friday before, I will cancel the meeting
- I will likely attend both meetings (I need few excuses to laze around a coffee shop on the weekend) but may not get to every overflow. Regardless I will ensure a booking is made under the name Canberra Bookclub
This is a new idea we are trying out so we will see how this all works out