We're the Swiss kayaking group, that aims to find something out on the water for everyone, for all ages, whether new to the sport or a seasoned white water kayaker. The group is now one season old and we're excited to see so many people interested and hope that everyone can take an active part in developing it into a great resource for people to get out kayaking.
We run a kayak school in Interlaken on the beautiful Lake Brienz and run a whole range of courses and tours exploring the fantastic corners of Switzerland and beyond, including many events in Zurich, giving you the foundations to develop as an independent paddler.
We then hope that with this soild foundation and safety knowledge that people can then get out and meetup together exploiting the different rental possibilities. People are welome to use the group and when aou have the necessary experience can become an event organiser yourselves.
Organising your own tours and other free tours:
- If you have completed the Safety & Rescue certificate (FSRT) or equivalent: You're welcome to organise events & tours on the group for others with the safety & rescue training certificate or the intro safety & rescue training, keeping in line with the basic safety principles (document to be put in "Pages" section.
- We will also run another Taster day in Zurich in the Spring and Summer for people to meetup and try it out in a relaxed environment. The will be a small cost to cover equipment use, which can be paid through the group
- If you are an intermediate paddler (3star skills or equivalent) you're also welcome to organise trips with other intermediate or improver paddlers, and from time to time I also go out for paddle in more committing areas, which I will also put on the group, that people can join.
- Rental options in Switzerland: Also to be put in the "pages" section soon
Our tours & courses:
We then cprovide the courses necessary for you to get out and start on your own. If you^d like to do a specific course and there's no date then just write us a mail and we'll put something up for you. Our courses include:
Beginners in the Sport (first few times in a kayak)
- Intro courses and tours around Switzerland,
- Intro safety and rescue
Improvers (towards BCU 2star skills)
- Sea Kayak Camps abroad,
- White Water Intro Courses,
- BCU (British Canoe Union) Safety & Rescue Certificate FSRT,
- BCU personal proficiency awards - 2star kayak and open canoe skills,
- Rolling courses
Intermediates (towards BCU 3star skills)
- Bad weather training,
- Rough water kayak handling,
- Surfing Skills,
- Improver White Water courses,
- 3star skills training and assessment (sea, surf and white water),
- Leadership and coaching qualifications.
Leaders and Coaches (BCU 4 & 5star leadership and skills)
- If you have a coaching or leadership qualification or aspire to doing one, get in touch and we can see how we can support you.
Sea Kayaks & equipment for Sale::
We'll also be selling two or three of our sea kayaks this winter to make way for new boats so please get in touch if your interested. More information to follow.
If you're also interested in getting your own kit, we recommend visiting Rene at seekajak.ch, Switzerland's specialist sea kayak store (based in Illnau Effretikon). He really has the best kit and the widest selection and comes highly recommended. Rene also rents equipment for those with Rescue training.
Thank you again for joining and I look forward to meeting you all soon out on the water,
079 906 0551