user 88635302
Hyannis, MA
Post #: 1
Anyone interested?
Doug B.
user 83274442
Hyannis, MA
"Robotics" is a pretty wide field. Everything from model trains to flying drones and electric cars. I have professional experience with underwater vehicles. I have always wanted to build one to leave Falmouth harbor, swim around Marthas Vineyard and return.
ken w.
user 88635302
Hyannis, MA
Post #: 3
That would be a cool project. Have it pick up a couple of lobsters on the way.

Hmm.. I wonder if it is legal to use robots to retrieve lobsters. Or scallops.

Lobsters you could just pick up, but for scallops you might need a butterfly net.

Hmm.. Robots dancing around in a field catching butterflies!
Rick B.
fbsharah
Centerville, MA
In the fall, I will be teaching a course at CCCC titled Introduction to Robotics.
The course description is "Students will work in teams to build, program, and test increasingly complex LEGO Mindstorms robots. The course teaches how robots move (locomotion and kinematics), how they sense (perception), and how they reason about their environment (planning). Lecture information will be tied to lab experiments and sessions. Students will also be exposed to robotics related career options in the manufacturing, service, and medical industries."
One goal I have is to make the students aware of Cape Cod Makers and encourage their involvement.
Joan M.
user 85108442
Hyannis, MA
Is there room to audit the class?