This is a group for coffee lovers...and more. We patronize coffee shops and restaurants in Cape, with an occasional foray into Ft. Myers. Meet-ups are generally in the morning, but there will be some lunch events. I encourage members to suggest new and favorite venues to visit.
This group was started by Julie in 2010 in order to bring people together to have fun and to develop lasting friendships. She has far exceeded her goals, as our members love to get together and laugh, and countless friendships have been made. As of June 2013, there have been over 200 meet-ups held.
Is this the group for you? If you love coffee (or tea), want to make new friends and like trying new places, this is the right group for you. All you need is a positive attitude and be open to having a good time.
Membership Fee: I will collect $2 from each member in order to defray the cost of the website. This will cover a year or more, depending on the amount collected.
- You must have a picture of yourself posted on your profile to be accepted into this group.
- This group is open to all, but this not a “dating site”. If that is what you are looking for, you need to look for another group - please don't use as a way to meet other singles.
- This is a social group, not a business networking group. Although talk about our work/jobs come up tangentially, we do not use this group as a way to promote our businesses or products.
- Any inappropriate behavior will result in the member being removed from the group.
- The RSVPs for our meet-ups are on an individual basis, and a waiting list is kept (people often have a change of plans after they RSVP). Couples are welcome, but each needs to sign-up and RSVP individually.
- In order to allow as many members as possible to attend a venue, when there is a Week1 and Week2 scheduled for the same place, please only RSVP for one of the meetings. If you RSVP for both, you will be removed from one of them by the Organizer.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of the RSVPs you have made and it is expected you will attend the meet-up unless you remove your RSVP. If you are on the waiting list, please keep aware of whether you have been bumped up. We want to make sure there are not “no shows” so that everyone has a chance to attend.
- If you show a pattern of not showing up when you have RSVP’d, you will be removed from the group.