Please visit website for full details.... I know nothing more than what they post there anyway.
PLEASE MEET 20 mins before opening with completed waiver forms (also due to rule #1 in case they decide to be strict about one "child" policy) and to try to stick together as group for group photos when we get in.
Here are the basic rules from the waiver you have to sign...
Dog Day September 6, 2014 | Rules of Participation
1. At least one adult human per dog, please. WE CAN ARRANGE TO MEET UP EARLY SO THOSE OF US WITH TWO CORGIS CAN WALK IN USING ANYONES SPARE HUMAN
Absolutely no humans allowed in the water.
2. Each person must sign the Assumption of Risk and acknowledge the event Rules, before entering.
3. All dogs must have a current license and proof of rabies vaccination. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PUPS ARE WEARING THEIR TAGS.
4. Be courteous to other guests and clean up your dog’s “accidents.” btw You will be allowed to fetch floaters towards end of the day. I say the water is probably as clean as it is after a full day of children swimming but trust me the water gets nasty by the second hour so you don't want to swim in it.
5. Your dog may be released from their leash only upon entering the designated pool area. aka the whole damn park instead of the parking lot.
6. Please do not trim your dog’s nails prior to attending the Dog Swim. - I have no idea what this rule is about. I think maybe it has to do with thier skin getting tender when wet and scratching eachother, I buff my pup's paws so thats not an issue.
7. No children under the age of 16 are allowed without adult supervision.
8. Your dog must remain under your control at all times. If your dog is acting aggressively, you and your dog may be escorted from the event.
9. Please be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming. Some dogs swim well, some don’t. If not, he/she may become afraid or aggressive. ---- For those of you unfamiliar with the park they have a very large turf area which is why I picked it so your dog will be able to be far far away from any water if thats a problem.
10. Please help your dog into and out of the pool.
11. Female dogs in season are not allowed.
12. No dogs with health conditions that may endanger themselves or others are allowed.
13. Outside food or drinks (pet or human) are not allowed in the pool area. --- They will be selling concessions ie hot dogs nachos drinks.