Cardiff UX Bookclub Message Board › Suggestions for UX books or topics to discuss at future meetups

Suggestions for UX books or topics to discuss at future meetups

James D.
jamesdownes
Cardiff, GB
Post #: 1
Hello all

I hope you're all looking forward to our next meetup in November. We'll be discussing Undercover User Experience Design by James Box and Cennydd Bowles. We're chuffed to bits that Cennydd will be joining us to answer any questions you have.

If you haven't already bought the book, it's available on Amazon for a mere £11. You can pre-order it now, and it's out later this month. I'd also recommend perusing Cenydd's blog – some great posts and opinions to be found there.

I'd like to start thinking about what we'd like to discuss in forthcoming meetups. If we can identify books for review, I'll get in touch with their publishers to ask for discounts or freebies. Rosenfeld Media are particularly supportive of UX Bookclubs and have told us that they'll be happy to help out if we choose one of their titles.

However, as Emma said, we don't have to review books every time we meet, so I was wondering what general topics you would like to talk about. Maybe you have some expertise, tips or tricks you'd like to share with the group, or gaps in your knowledge you'd like to learn more about. Let us know by replying below.

I'll get things started…

I'm always eager to learn new ways of doing things better and faster, and one part of my job that could benefit from some fine-tuning is the wireframing and prototyping process. If anyone has any advice in this area, I'd love to hear about it. I'd also be really interested to hear about taking an Agile approach to UX design, and how it's been working out for you.

I'd say that my main strength is applying a User Centred Design approach to designing experiences. I'm also fairly accomplished at making the case for UX within organisations.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next time.

James
Pete L.
user 12877749
Penarth, GB
Post #: 1
I'm also really interested in process - actually, on the train this morning I started writing a blog post about tackling visual design and interaction design simultaneously in the browser, with static wireframes as a loose starting point. I'll post a link to the blog post when its written... but the whole design process thing would be a great topic of debate that I imagine everyone would get a lot out of.... I'm sure we've all got successes (and failures!) we can learn from.