SPiN Single Professionals Network invites you to SWING INTO SUMMER Sock Hop Friday June 12
Tuesday, June 9, 2009 11:23 AM
Having trouble viewing this e-mail? please use this link.
SPiN Single Professionals Network
SWING INTO SUMMER SOCK HOP
Dance mixer for Singles ages 40s & 50s
This Friday Night - June 12 at 7PM
- OceanHouse Carlsbad
300 Carlsbad Village Dr.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Palm Room: elegant, large spacious dance floor
- Our last party on May 29 was a huge success with over 200 singles attending! Don't miss this one.
FREE Admission PROMO :
- Wear 50s Sock Hop outfit and get in free (one drink min is required)
- Read how to dress in Sock Hop attire below
- Sock Hop dress contest for prizes.
- Complementary East Coast Swing Dance Lesson
- Free parking
- Special prices on Appetizers
- Dance to Swing music and rock classics
- Complementary Massages
- 7:00 - 7:30PM Cocktails and Socializing
- 7:30 - 8:15 East Coast Swing Dance Lesson
- 8:15-10PM Dance Mixer with focus on Swing Music
- 9PM 50s sock hop dress Contest - WIN Prizes
- 10PM-11PM Oceanhouse Palmroon opens to the public with comtemporary dance music.
Promo: get in FREE by wearing 50s attire ( 1 drink minimum)
- $20 at the door includes one drink ticket.
Special promo -- dress in 1950s sock hop attire:
NO COVER CHARGE . There is a one drink minimum purchase.
****You must reserve a spot by getting the FREE TICKET
How to Dress for a Sock Hop
The Fifties spawned a dance term that lives on today; the "sock hop." This retro dance is still popular at country clubs, camps and father-daughter dances. The term "sock hop" comes from dancers who shed their shoes and danced in socks. Most dances were held in school gyms and sock dancing saved wood floors from being scratched by hard soled shoes. Following are steps for dressing for a sock hop.
Determine the style of dress that you want to wear to the sock hop. Nice girls in the 50s wore long skirts adorned with a poodle, a sweater, bobby socks and saddle shoes with their hair pulled back in a ponytail with a ribbon. See Step Three for the clothes your date should choose.
Express your inner "greaser's" babe by wearing a tight pencil skirt, a button down blouse with the top two buttons undone, bright red lipstick and a large bouffant hairstyle. See Step Four for your date's clothing choices.
Choose a letter sweater over a white t-shirt, blue jeans with white socks and penny loafers to portray the all-American 50s good boy. Top it off with some wax to make your crew cut stand up nice and stiff and you have the perfect sock hop attire.
Wear blue jeans low on your hips, a white t-shirt either with your pack of cigarettes rolled in the sleeve or with a black leather jacket over it. Style your hair in a DA with lots of pomade and some dark shades to complete the greaser sock hop look.
Dress as a car hop for another alternative if you are female. Short, flippy little skirt, blouse with a bowtie and a cap would look great for a sock hop. Add a tray with some dishes glued to it. If you think you can get away with it, attend the sock hop on roller skates just like the car hops wore in the 50s
This email was sent to [address removed], by [address removed].
You may unsubscribe from this list. If this message was received in error, please report it.
san diego single professionals | 914 Shore Crest Rd | Carlsbad | CA | 92011 | US