Carmel Singles Faith Friends Message Board › Churches in the Indy/Carmel/Fishers area

Churches in the Indy/Carmel/Fishers area

Noreen
user 7806259
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 641
Hi Everyone,

Since this is a Faith and Friends group, I thought I'd get your input! When I filed for divorce a few years ago, I no longer felt comfortable attending the same church that my ex and I had been going for many years so I began looking for a new church. I have intermittently been going to a church in the Indy area since then, but not sure it's the right one for me. I'd like to attend a few other churches to see which appears to be the right fit for me. I love contemporary worship music, so I am looking for a church that has great music and of course a great Pastor. So, I'd love to hear your input for those of you that love your church! If you could post and let me know what you love about your church , aprox how large it is and if they happen to have a singles ministry.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting more of you in person!
Noreen

Gary
user 12310212
Carmel, IN
Post #: 1
Noreen,

I would recommend The Stream at the Carmel United Methodist Church. They meet at 11:00 am. Patti Paytor is the pastor. She is a creative preacher. They have a contemporary service, they also have a band and some good singers. They meet in the gym and dress is casual, jeans and such. They offer coffee and donuts. A few of the Carmel Faith friends attend there. Let me know when you want to go, and I will be sure to attend the Sunday you come. Attendance is usually below 100 . I like their service.

Gary Nunnally

Noreen
user 7806259
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 642
Hi Gary,

I plan on trying a few new churches in the next few months and I will be sure to let you know which Sunday I visit The Stream. I have a female friend who also may be looking for a new church and she may come as well. Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate it very much!

Noreen

Maureen
user 7528002
Group Organizer
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 6
Some of the singles who attend The Stream also attend a once monthly book study (second Sunday of each month at 9:30-10:30 a.m. prior to worship), too. Check the calendar and feel free to join us this month! Prior preparation is not necessary. We follow an outline and watch a video.
Maureen
Noreen
user 7806259
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 643
Thank you Maureen!