GBP1.50 Due on joining
This covers: Setting up the Meetup Group fees
Payment is accepted using:
Your organizer will refund you if:
Welcome to this group!!
Why I’ve started this Group?
Carpe Diem which has been taken to mean ‘Seize the Day’ is what I hope this group provides i.e. An opportunity for members to do something different to the norm. I’ve organised a lot of meetups in Melbourne, Australia from white water rafting to Russian dinners. Now that I’m here in London would love to continue meeting new people at fun and different events.
I’ve started this group to fill a gap that I’ve noticed in Meetups happening in and around London. Most meetups don’t cater for adventure/extreme sports or unusual events/activities. So I’m starting this group to fill that void and additionally organise some main stream activities/events.
Secondly I want to bring together like minded people that are keen to participate in Meetups and/or suggest alternative things to do. I would rather not have members that join but then never participate in any of the meetups or only participate by RSVP'ing No to every meetup scheduled.
What members pay?
A contribution fee of £1.50 is due upon joining this group. This amount is so that I can pay the fees to meetup for running this group.
The above amount will be refunded if after attending your first event, you leave the group because you feel its not for you.
Events in the process of getting organised:
- Comedy by Weirdos – Alternative Comedy
- Thorpe Adventure Park
- Late Afternoon Brunches in cheap but quality cafes
- Nights out clubbing with good music
- Cultural Events
- Pool games
- Foreign / Dark Films
What you will get from this meetup group:
- A dedicated organiser who is interested in socialising and organising events/meetups that range from free to discounted.
- Contact details of host on every meetup event organised
- Awareness of events being held in and around London
- Emails regarding discounted deals for events that are put up
- Opportunity to host / organise your own event
P.S If you are interested in hosting an event or organising something that is a little left off centre please feel free to put that up. I will get in touch within 48 hours regarding its announcement to the group.
What I expect from members:
- Desire to have fun and make new friendships
- Interest in socialising / trying new things
- Updating RSVP as soon as you know you won’t be able to make it.
- That you will rate events so that I can keep improving events
- Your ideas, suggestions and comments
- You do not need to RSVP ‘No’ to events you cannot attend or are not interested in attending
Please note: there is a 3 strike policy for this group. If you RSVP to an event and don’t cancel / RSVP No at least an hour before the event starts it will count as a strike. Once you hit 3 strikes you will be removed from the group. This rule is flexible depending on circumstances. This policy has been put into place to ensure the reduction of no-shows and enhance the socialising experience of the particular meetup event.
Also members inactive (i.e haven't attended any meetup) for 3 months will be removed from this group. You wont be refunded the £1.50. This policy has been put into effect so as to show a true picture of active members. The numbers on this group will be a reflection of people that actually turn up to events and socialise.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please feel free to send me an email.
Am looking forward to meeting all of you at some point! :)
Saturday, Dec 21
2,267 Hiking Enthusiasts
Tuesday, Dec 24
Saturday, Jan 04
4,230 Hiking Enthusiasts
Friday, Jan 10
2,264 Movie Lovers
Saturday, Dec 28
Friday, Dec 20