Carrboro, Chapel Hill & Durham RPCVS Message Board › Earth Day 5k - April 21st - fundraiser

Earth Day 5k - April 21st - fundraiser

Susan S.
user 22483031
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 1
Hello!

I am an RPCV from Peru and I am currently finishing a Master of Environmental Management at Duke. I am working with another RPCV from Honduras who was about to get a Small Program Assistance grant to do a health clinic expansion project in his town but then the Honduras program shut down. He left but promised to continue raising money for the project. We are working together with the Nicholas School of the Environment to do an Earth Day 5k fun run (and walk) fundraiser on April 21st at 1pm to help raise funds for the project.

It will be a family friendly event and refreshments will be provided following the race. Also, all participants will be entered into a raffle for some great prizes (gift certificates to Bull City Running, water bottles, Duke gear). We would love to see you there and you could all meet up to run/walk together and meet some of the RPCVs at the Nicholas School.

To get more information or to register, please visit the project website: http://hondurashealth...­

Thanks!
Susan Sandford
susan.sandford@gmail.com (please don't hesitate to contact me with questions)