Cassandra J.
user 10950233
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Dear Seekers.

Gearing up for yet another Halloween... the day of the dead...the day little children get dressed as others to beg for sweets. What a contrast? and what does it all mean?

Many of you know that in some cultures---Mexico for example---today literally IS the day of the dead, when townsfolk `visit' their relatives by making pilgrimages to the graveyards. Once there---gifts of flowers & food are left--- to appease the spirits to honor their memories...

That's one reeason why we celebrate Halloween.

In the most basic sense this is one of the 4 cross-quarter days of the year..6 weeks before the beginning of winter & the solstice.

Today/tomorrow, along with May 1st, February 2, and August 2 share this significance.

Many Celts, Druids, and Wiccans mark these days as sacred--to do ritual and magic. The Catholic Church being the smart marketers that they were/are took over these sacred astrological days as religious days.

Whatever your beliefs---It would be a nice idea to do a prayer/meditation for `all saints & souls'...those of your dearly departed and those souls of humanity whom you'll never meet. ( well, never is a long time)

Point is, in between raiding your kid's booty of candy---it might be nice to ritualize the night. I may talk a walk on Main in Williamsville to observe the souls who will be dying in the new year---an old world custom.

Hope I won';t see myself! lol!

(((PS) when you RSVP for the classes...please just RSVP if you ARE coming, and, avoid responding `not' to every class...)))

many blessings,

C