Catholics of Chicagoland Message Board › Field Trip to Chicagos Old Cathedrals Dates offered..

Field Trip to Chicagos Old Cathedrals Dates offered..

A former member
Post #: 6
October: 16, 23,30. Catholics of Chicagolands calander is pretty full though.

November 13 27
December 4,11,18,
Please submit a yay or nay and the date with the most count wins.
DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 6th. Quote in a Reply
Jimi M.
user 10948945
Barrington, IL
Post #: 4
Just a thought, I have done this before with a friend and we always had a great turn out. We would visit about 3-5 Churches and then have lunch. Car pooling is good. Maps and info on the Churchs furnished. Any Ayes out there?
Basia, what dates are you thinking about doing? I like this idea!
A former member
Post #: 7
Hello Jimi, The weather is finally cooling down. I am thinking of these Chathedrals listed below, all on mostly the North side of the city. It would be on a Saturday, for First Saturday Devotions at this point December 4th. After our visits to these majestic Cathedrals, we will stop off and share a meal together.
If this date don't work we can do it earlier in November but not the 6th, I have another commitment on that day for a filming downtown and won't be able to make that date.

St. John Cantius
825 N. Carpenter St.
Chicago , IL 60622-0000 MapLink
Phone: (312) 243-7373
Fax: (312) 243-4545
Web: www.cantius.org

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--

St. St. Stanislaus Kostka
1351 W. Evergreen Ave.
Chicago , IL 60622-2362 MapLink
Phone: (773) 278-2470
Fax: (773) 278-9550
Web: www.ststansk.com
----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­

St. Mary of the Angels
1850 N. Hermitage Ave.
Chicago , IL 60622-1191 MapLink
Phone: (773) 278-2644
Fax: (773) 278-8904
Web: www.stmaryoftheangels.net

We will also add Holy Name Cathedral to the list.
Patty W.
PattyWiley
Bartlett, IL
Post #: 11
Hi Basia and Jimi,
I would love to go to this, but can't make it on Dec. 4. Is that enough incentive to change the date? Lol

Patty
Jimi M.
user 10948945
Barrington, IL
Post #: 6
Hi Basia and Jimi,
I would love to go to this, but can't make it on Dec. 4. Is that enough incentive to change the date? Lol

Patty
Ah I see the churches now. Yeah those look good. I think November is a great time. I can see if Holy name will allow us to park there. Then we can go from there?
Jimi M.
user 10948945
Barrington, IL
Post #: 7
What dates work for everyone? I am open to just about any date. Let me know and I will put it on the calendar!
Patty W.
PattyWiley
Bartlett, IL
Post #: 12
Any of the November Saturdays (daytime) work for me except the 27th (after Thanksgiving).
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi Basia and Jimi,

Patty

All Saturdays are open, but Oct. 2 and November 6th and the 20th.
Nice to see you trying to get on board Patty. :)
A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Basia and Jimi,

Patty
Ah I see the churches now. Yeah those look good. I think November is a great time. I can see if Holy name will allow us to park there. Then we can go from there?

We can add Holy Name on the list if you like... figuar it takes about 45 minutes per Church, just so you know, and that is without Mass.
Patty W.
PattyWiley
Bartlett, IL
Post #: 14
October: 16, 23,30. Catholics of Chicagolands calander is pretty full though.
November 13 is a Feast Day excellent. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, then we have 20,27
December 4,11,18,
Please submit a yay or nay and the date with the most count wins.
DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 6th. Quote in a Reply

Yay. November 20th.