addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Catskills Ukulele Group Message Board › Accommodating all levels of enthusiasm

Accommodating all levels of enthusiasm

Barbara M.
user 11372966
Group Organizer
West Shokan, NY
Post #: 1
Hiya CUG ukers (and lurkers who may someday join us),

So, we've set up meetings so there's a beginner chord review prior to the jam, and George and I are rethinking this.

Feedback instructs that we'll continue the 4:00 jam to be comprised of singable songs at various levels (with the majority of songs being simple or having simple passages for beginners).

HOWEVER, I've had some feedback that the 3:00 session can also be a time for people to learn more intermediate skills like moving faster and more musically via different chords inversions or octaves and passing chord embellishments and the like.

Any suggestions for how we can handle this?
judster
Judek
New York, NY
I would be happy to spend time with "true" beginners, during the first hour . We could review real simple chords and play really simple songs . I would be happy to help in any way.
A former member
You're the best!