Catskills Ukulele Group Message Board › UPDATE for Sunday's meeting

UPDATE for Sunday's meeting

Barbara M.
user 11372966
Group Organizer
West Shokan, NY
Just put up the music for the 4:00 jam. At 3:00, David and I will share what we gleaned from James Hill's fabulous workshop hosted by Woodstock Music in May. James shared the arrangement of "Sweet Sue" that's posted (See "More" then "Files" for this week's downloads). David will also orient whoever is there at 3:00 on the chord progression on "Black Mountain Blues." Dear George will not be with us this week. He's chasing mermaids, but promises to return.

We'll pay a little more attention to getting performance level versions of "Woyaya" and "Three Little Birds" together for the July 18 Killian Day celebration in Davis Park. I'm hoping the lot of you will perform, billed as Catskill Ukulele Group. We will be accompanied by singers from Byrdsong on those songs, and I know they will sound terrific and feel inspiring. The music on this day will be SO much fun, and I think you'll enjoy being part of it if you are willing and available. Check out the Killian Mansfield Facebook page to see who's performing.

For those of you unable to attend this week, please download and play through "Woyaya" and "Three Little Birds." If you don't know these songs, email me through Meetup and I'll send you an Mp3 file to listen to. My point being: I want everyone to perform on July 18 who is available and willing. The show in numbers and spirit is most important.