|Sent on:||Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:06 PM|
Dear Celebrate Atlanta Members:
Gary Kennedy, a member is doing great work for children this Holiday season. With the heartbreaking, awful and gut wrenching events that unfolded Friday in Newtown the well being of children is certainly foremost on my mind. Therefore, I am sending you this message from Gary and hope you will read it and do what you can. As Gary mentions, our group will be at the Ridge on Saturday, offering a great dinner menu, drink specials, live entertainment, dancing and gift exchange. If you are attending, I hope you will bring something for Bald Ridge Lodge.
3 Ways You Can Make a Difference in the lives of these TEN young boys ages 12-17
Bald Ridge Lodge is doing great work in our community! They are located in Cumming GA and on www.baldridgelodge.org All proceeds will be used to provided residential, mentoring, counseling, and educational services to homeless, abused/neglected, and at-risk teenage boys from the Forsyth County Community and surrounding region.
Cash donations are appreciated to provide a birthday gift for the boys, and to pay for meals outside of the facility for entertainment like seeing a movie or to go bowling. The boys are eligible and rewarded for good behavior with a weekly trip for pizza, or a movie, or possibly to go bowling. Your donation of 5 or 10 dollars per child can make a huge difference. There is a donations link on the website for your charitable donation.
The directors of Bald Ridge Lodge maintain the entertainment budget to provide for a wholesome environment for up to a dozen 12-17 year old teenage boys.
1) Donate: Do you have any new or used items to donate?
- Books, Video games, DVD Movies, Flat panel televisions or Art supplies?
- Musical Instruments - Guitars, Drum Set, Microphones, Tamborine etc.
- Sports Equipment - Skateboards, Football, Basketball, Baseball gloves & bats etc
- Corporate sponsor for Sports Uniforms and/or T-Shirts
2) Cash Donations to Help Reward Good Behavior:
Your donations help pay for outings when the boys to attend sporting events, or to purchase tickets for the GA Aquarium or the Hawks; Movie Tickets, Bowling and other wholesome entertainment. Gift cards are a great way to help out from any of the major retailers like restaurants, Best Buy, Target, Apple iTunes etc.
3) Male Mentors and Volunteers interested in providing music lessons, or athletic mentoring / sports coaches, or provide Art lessons. Volunteers Please contact Bald Ridge at[masked]
- Big Brothers are invaluable to mentor and speak one on one with a teen.
If you have a Christmas Gift please bring it to “The Ridge” on Saturday night and we will deliver it to the Bald Ridge facility on your behalf.
www.theridgerestraunt.com at 1035 Turner Road, Cumming, GA 30041
Thank you Gary for sending me this and keep up the great work and thank you for dedicating your time to this worthy cause.