Celebrate Atlanta Message Board › Passing of Dale Barton

Passing of Dale Barton

Dave G
dgrove627
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
Dear Celebrate Atlanta members:

Sadly I write you to inform members that our friend Dale Barton passed away today.  Dale was not only a friend to many of you but a personal friend and favorite for me. Thus, I must admit I am a bit overwhelmed and distraught right now.  However, I will try to put into words a way to convey what I know and thought about Dale.

Dale was always a gracious and easy going man who was kind to all. As many know, Dale had been ill for quite a while now.  Each time I saw him, I hoped that he would bring news of improvement.  However, he struggled with his health over the past few months.  At his side during this difficult time was Debbie.  I know most of you and I saw them together all the time. I think Debbie helped him through these difficult times by being not only his girlfriend but his best friend. Despite his illness, Dale was always kind and gracious and a pleasure to be around.  I know many of you, as did I, looked forward to seeing Dale and Debbie at events. For myself, I would like to remember Dale when he came up to the lake for a picnic, got there early and cooked breakfast for everyone. That may sound trite but I think that this will be the memory for me that I keep of Dale.  The giving soul who was always nice, despite the medical issues he waded through.

Dale's family is en route and as soon as I know any arrangements or memorials, I will pass them on.  I will also try to find out what charity or fund the family would like rememberences for Dale to be sent.  I will gladly donate to whatever cause Dale's family asks and if members also want to join me in contributing, I will match the first $200 in donations. My condolences to Dale's family, Debbie and to all of you (and I) who knew Dale. I know you will remember him through the one simple word that I will remember Dale, "friend."

I apologize that I am having trouble putting words together at this time but will end this with a saying that has always stuck with me.  It's source is oddly a broadway musical I saw long ago but they are words I think of when someone leaves my life and they say what I feel about Dale in a manner way better then I could say myself. "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

Sincerely,

Dave Groveman

Theresa
user 14225864
Lawrenceville, GA
Post #: 1
Hi Celebrate Atlanta Friends,

I just wanted to express my condolences for Dale and his family during these times. I did not get a chance to meet with Dale personally, but as I read some of the comments about him I know his was a great human being. May God bless his family and give them the strength to get through these trying times.

Theresa,
Kristie L.
user 22923201
Kingston, GA
Post #: 1
I would like to express my condolences to Debbie and Dale's family. I lit a candle for him in church today and I know he is smiling down upon us. I was fortunate to know Dale. His great smile will be sadly missed by me and all the others who knew him. Thanks for all the great dancing and always doing for others. We have lost a great man and friend. He will be remembered for a very long time as he touched the hearts of so many members. I said a prayer for you today.