New York City Celiac Disease Meetup Message Board › Pizzeria Uno- celiac diner beware!

Pizzeria Uno- celiac diner beware!

Michelle
msuzanne
Arlington, MA
Post #: 27
I had a pretty horrible experience with Pizzeria Uno this past weekend-- I was visiting my family in the Boston area, and we decided to order from them on Saturday night. They have recently started advertising a gluten-free menu, and I was excited to try the gluten-free pizza. I picked it up, noted that the box was labeled gluten-free, and had eaten about 3/4 of it when the assistant manager called the house to explain that there had been a mistake, and I had been given a regular pizza. Needless to say, it has been a rough few days on my GI tract. As nice as they were about the whole thing (gave my parents gift certificates for their restaurant and actually said they would give me gift certificates to Risotteria since I told them I was not going back there), it seems as though their protocol is still very much in flux and clearly not at all safe. Hopefully this will change, but in the meantime, if it's happening in one location I have to assume it's happening in others.
A former member
Post #: 452
wow Michelle I hope you feel better soon! That is a celiac nightmare. Take care of yourself -- you certainly deserve some pampering!
Jillian
user 3794954
New York, NY
Post #: 48
It's been about a year and a half now, so I don't remember the details but I had a horrific experience eating at Pizzeria Uno as well. It was right when they had started their GF menu, at a location in CT. Despite the tons of gift certificates they gave me I will never go back to any Pizzeria Uno. It was by far the worst restaurant experience I have ever had in my entire life.