May 19, 2014
Food, glorious Food!
Unless we design a more resilient food system, we may return to the days of Dickens' dystopia!
Join the grassroots movement for safer food .
For 15 years, Center for Food Safety has been on the front lines of these issues - from the halls of Congress, to our supermarket aisles.
Now, we’ve launched a new way for us all to come together to lead and grow the food movement, neighborhood by neighborhood, community by community, around the country – Center for Food Safety Meetups!
These Meetups are dedicated to promoting a safe and sustainable food system.
Each local chapter will focus on local food issues while joining together with other grassroots groups around the country to support state and national initiatives.
Our Meetups are committed to:
• promoting organic and other forms of sustainable agriculture
• curbing the use of harmful technologies such as genetic engineering, irradiation, dangerous pesticides and antibiotics
• combating climate change by encouraging climate friendly agriculture.
• protecting bees and other pollinators by opposing toxic pesticides.
• changing our food system through grassroots activism.
Please stay tuned for details on our first Meetup in May.
You can join the True Food Network here and find out more about Center for Food Safety here.
1,944 20s & 30s Mazamas
292 Back to Basics
2,656 Permaculture Folks
Meetup members, Log in