Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › RECIPES, RECIPES,and More RAW FOOD RECIPES

RECIPES, RECIPES,and More RAW FOOD RECIPES

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 203
Here is a place to put your favorite recipe sites. I am also posting some of the recipes from the pot lucks and please post your favorites here also. I am starting with my favirite sites ..... soon to become yours. This is an attempt to help "new to raw" and "bored with raw" people find something to fix.

1st is the raw chef site already on but worthy of a repeat under this thread

http://gliving.tv/gre...­ Beautiful site with great easy and impressive recipes!

http://www.rawfoodinf...­ Rhio's Site - Excellent recipes and Wonderful Person!

http://www.living-foo...­ Wide Source of Helps!

http://www.fromsadtor...­ Great source of help and also with video help!! Feel free to make a

donation to help this site continue to help us

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 204
This is the Crabmeat Recipe brought by Fred Robbins to a Pot Luck Dinner posted a few months back.

Fred Robbins Posted Apr 16, 2007 at 10:20 AM Link to this discussion Edit Delete Quote in reply
user 2718358
Orlando, FL
2nd Post

The crab meat salad was made:

2 cups blanched almonds
1 red pepper
½ red onion
3 stalks celery
1 Lemon (no rind and no seeds, juice and pulp only)
1 tsp kelp powder
1 tsp salt

Run all almonds through a champion juicer with the blank installed to make paté. (I suppose a food processor would do the same).
Grind all the other ingredients in a food processor. (well-ground but not mush)
Mix almond paté with other ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until served.

Thanks Fred and I'll be posting some of mine soon!!!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 205
This one was posted some time ago from Pam

Pam Posted Nov 13, 2006 at 9:58 PM Link to this discussion Edit Delete Quote in reply
user 2309698
Winter Park, FL
5th Post

Here's the sweet potato recipe!

Sweet Potato Souffle-RAW

2 ½ C Sweet potatoes (peeled & cut)
10 Medjool dates (pitted, or regular dates) soak for 15 minutes if they?re not soft
2 t Vanilla Extract (alcohol free is best)
2 t cinnamon
½ t sea salt
1 t organic coconut oil (I?d say optional??)
1 ½ C water
½ C chopped pecans (soak first)

Place dates, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and water in food processor or Vitamix until smooth. Add sweet potatoes gradually and blend until smooth. Add more cinnamon and dates if needed. Top with pecans.

If avoiding fat, leave off pecans and coconut oil.

Enjoy!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 206
This is a recipe I posted after a pot luck dinner I had.

Chef Olive's Raw Thanksgiving Day's Cashew Cream

2 cups of raw cashews (soaked 8-12 hours and drained)
1 cup of coconut water
1/2 cup of raw agave nectar
1 date (your sweet contrast)
scrapings and a seed from the inside of a vanilla bean
pinch of salt (just to make the flavors pop)

Pulse your blender to get it started good you may have to add a little more coconut water..... be patient good things come to those who wait..... and it is good. Do a taste test and adjust if needed. Once the blender is going keep it running til your cream is a cream. It should peak. Let is cool for a hour and it should last for 3-5 days (unless you're like me) in the refigerator.

If this is too runny add more cashews to thicken to desired whip. Slow and watching eyes get the best results!

Peace and love,
Olive
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 207
This was Pam's recipe for a tomato sauce brought to a pot luck......... GREAT FLAVOR!!!

Pam Posted Dec 11, 2006 at 4:50 AM Link to this discussion Edit Delete Quote in reply
user 2309698
Winter Park, FL
6th Post
Tomato Sauce

2 C chopped fresh tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 C fresh basil
1/4 C chopped onion
1/2 C raisins
2 tsp dried oregano
2 T olive oil
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
1/8 C fresh cilantro (optional)
1/8 C fresh parsley (optional)

In a blender (I use food processor), combine the tomato with the garlic, basil, onion, raisins, oregano, olive oil, paprika, and sea salt. Blend well. Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the mixture and blend again, slowly adding water until desired consistency.

Thanks Pam!!!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 224
Pot Luck Kelp Noodle Dish!!

Here's the link for the kelp noodles..... http://www.kelpnoodle...­

For the dish I flipped sliced Shitake and Portabello mushrooms in a little Nama Shoyu and waited for them to absorb the liquid, drained them and placed them in the dehydrator for a hour. Reserve the liquid!

To the rinsed noodles (6 packages) I added the reserve liquid of the mushrooms, the tops of 1 bunch of green onions, 6 T. EVOO, Another shake or two of Nama Shoyu, 2 chopped cubanell peppers and 1 T, Bosari Salt (BLack Label). Mix well and last mix in the dehydrated mushrooms. My bad, last sit back and Enjoy!!!
Karen
rawfoodchica
Orlando, FL
Post #: 2
Thank you Chef Olive for all these wonderful recipes.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 235
Here is Joey's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe!

Joey Beauregard Posted Jan 20, 2008 at 8:34 AM user 3673168
Winter Park, FL
2nd Post

Recipe for "Chunky Monkey" Ice Cream

This recipe makes about 1/2 gallon of ice cream.

Peel 8 bananas and place in plastic bag in freezer. Soak 2 cups walnuts overnight.

For the "chocolate chips":

Mix 1 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil and carob (to taste) in a food processor. Spoon teaspoon size drops onto pyrex and freeze overnight.

For the walnuts:

Dehydrate the other cup of walnuts for about 1 day.

For the ice cream:

Take frozen bananas out of freezer and put through Champion or similar juicer with homogenizer blade.

Mix in "chocolate chips" and walnuts. If a harder consistency is desired, place mixture back in freezer.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 250
Here is Joey's recipe for your enjoyment from the Sunday Valentines Pot luck..... so color fitting! Go Joey!

Tomato Pleather (from Olive Mackey)

Blend together 4 medium tomatoes, 1 clove garlic and some sea salt. Dehydrate overnight or until done.

Tahini Cheese (from Olive Mackey)

Combine 1 jar raw sesame tahini, the juice of 4 medium lemons and 4 cloves garlic in a food processor.

Ravioli

Thanks Joey!

Cut pleather into 8 pieces. For each piece, put spoonful of tahini cheese, a spinach leaf and about 10 alfalfa sprouts in middle. Fold into triangles.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 294
Here is Bill Voss's ice cream recipe...

Bill Voss Posted May 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM
1st Post

3 ripe bananas ( Blend items until smooth
1/2 cup almond butter ( Stir in nuts
1/2 cup tahini ( Place in an airtight container
3/4 cup agave ( Mix every hour or so