Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Green Smoothie For Life!!!!!!

Green Smoothie For Life!!!!!!

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 98
Hello Peeps,

I had bunches of greens left from the class last night so here's the breakfast smoothie for today.

1 head of the daikon greens (the tops of 4 daikons)
1 good handful of spinach
1 large wedge of pineapple
2 handfuls of grapes
1 banana
1 cup of water

Blend and drink up!!!

I love it but my daughter said it's too sweet. I am appreciating the sweetness. If you don't like them sweet adjust your grapes down as well as the pineapple. Enjoy people!!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 150
OK PEOPLE I SEE YOU ARE NOT DRINKING AND LISTING YOUR GREEN SMOOTHIES. WE CAN DRINK AND TELL..... IT'S OK!

LAST NIGHT FOR OUR SMOOTHIE AT THE CHALLENGE TALK WE HAD.......

2 MANGO'S
COLLARD LEAVES
ROMAINE LETTUCE
JUICE OF A FEW HONEY MURCOTT'S (TANGERINE TYPE)

BLEND AND DRINK!
I DIDN'T GET ANY BUT EVERYONE SEEMED TO ENJOY AND FOUND THE INGREDIENTS LATER. YES! I PEEP IN BASKETS!!

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 173
Hey Peeps!

I had a lot of tomatoes very ripe and decided today would be a great veg- drink day. Here's the brew!

Mater ? Veg Drink

5 very ripe tomatoes (2 very large and 3 medium)
2 white onions
2 small garlic cloves
1 medium size lemon juiced
2 tablespoons nama shoyu
3 stalks celery
2 chard leaves (I used from a rainbow bunch 1 red and 1 green)
½ bunch parsley
1 teaspoon honey
Dash salt

Blend and enjoy! Looks like mud and feels like the vitalization of the earth inside! Yummy! Drinking as I sit here writing to you!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 188
OK people here are some for the Diva Detox that I did. These all came from Victoria' s book. The Diva Detox Board "ROCKED". Let's get some of that here! Please!!!!!!!!!

Green and Gone Smoothie (Victoria Boutenko)
1 quarter to 1 half fresh pineapple
3 leaves of Kale -
1 ripe banana (can use frozen)
4 fresh mint leaves, optional-to taste
1 quarter to 1 half inch of fresh ginger root (can use dry), to taste
2 to 4 cups water (I used less than 2)

Dandelion Supreme Smoothie (Victoria Boutenko)
½ bunch dandelions
2-cups raw apple juice
1 pear (should be very ripe to counteract the bitterness of the greens)
Yields: 1quart of smoothie

Tonya's Green Pudding (Victoria maybe, not sure)
Haven't tried this one yet, but it looks promising
½ pineapple, sliced
2 ripe mangos, peeled and sliced
1 bunch Swiss chard chopped (without stems)
the recipe says no water, but I don't like the thick pudding consistency, so you might want to try some water.

Raw Family?s Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe (Victoria)
½ pound of fresh lamb?s quarters, or ½ bunch of fresh kale
2 ripe mangoes
2 very ripe bananas
1 quart water (I didn't use that much water for this one)

Sergei?s Party In Your Mouth Green Smoothie (Victoria)
1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 large mango, peeled, cored, and chopped
½ head romaine lettuce
1 sliver of fresh ginger about the size of half a pinky finger
YUM YUM YUM - our fave

Another of our favorites that comes from Victoria's book
Minty Thrill
4 ripe pears
4-5 leaves of kale
1/2 bunch mint
2 cups (or less) water

Raspberry Dream (Victoria)
2 ripe pears
1 handful raspberries
4-5 leaves kale
2 cups water (or less)

And another of our faves from Victoria
Green Benevolence
6-8 leaves romaine lettuce
1 cup red grapes I used super sweet green ones from my mama's garden)
1 medium orange (I peeled, but kept the pith on)
1 banana (mine was super ripe)
2 cups (or less) water

The following recipes I've collected and tried from the forums here, they come from our fellow Divas
Papaya (a whole one)
A bunch of strawberries
2 frozen bananas
and loads of dark, green Romaine Lettuce leaves or couple handfuls of spinach.
I added a little water

2 apples
1 mango
1 cup raspberries
about 8 or 9 Swiss Chard leaves

So, are you getting how valuable Victoria's book is?? Buy it and support her great work. Check out her newsletters too. Lots of savory recipes in both the book and on her site. www.rawfamily.com/index.htm

I can't give any more than this from the Diva Detox end. Just know it was good. Hope some of you got in on it.

Peace Peeps,
Olive
A former member
Post #: 15
I just joined this group and I know this posting was a while ago, but I was so interested that I wanted to share a green drink that I absolutely love.

Ingredients: Preferably Organic if possible

5 apples, preferably organic
1/2 bunch celery
1/2 bulb fennel
1 cucumber
1/2 head romaine lettuce
1 (1-to-2-inch) piece of ginger
1 lemon, peeled
2 cups kale, spinach leaves, or parsley sprigs

Directions:
Juice all ingredients in a juicer. Divide evenly between 2 glasses and serve.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 194
Hey Tracy,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the group. This is an ongoing board pinned to the top because Green Smoothies are an ongoing, never ending drink. Please add when ever you make a wonderful combination. It helps others to step out of the box. So glad to see you here and posting.

People remember our dangerous 12. Keep them Organic.

Peace,
Olive
Victoria
user 5146351
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I see that not much is going on with the green smoothies post. But, I thought I'd post anyways. I'm revisiting my RAW experience after a 21 day detox. And I have to tell you these are WAY better that what I had to drink for 21 days 2x a day. I miss these drinks soo much! So I had my first one today. Although a little scared, because I had a somewhat negative experience when I first tried them a year ago. The drink I made today was absolutely delightful!

Dinosaur Kale
Pineapple
ginger
water (the rejuvelac is still sprouting)
banana
mint

I wasn't able to finish it all today but, I will tomorrow. I got caught up noshing on some easy almond cheese and crackers for snacks. I just can't say no to the nuts.
A former member
Post #: 2
Wow, thanks so much to all of you for these great recipes. I have wanted some good recipes for green drinks that other peolpe have actually made and drink themselves. I've gone through so many raw recipes that didn't turn out right and it's such a waste of time and money.
For those of you who don't have the time or the access to the variety of organic fruits and vegetables, here is a great alternative. It's called "The Feast". Live, Whole Food juice in a powder form. It contains 30 different fruits and berries including mangosteen, noni, wolfberry-goji and acai, 30 different greens and vegetables, 11 different seeds, nuts and sprouts, 83 + active enzymes, fulvic minerals and 22 strains of living probiotics. The company uses a drying process that takes the plants within hours of harvesting and juices them. The drying process takes 30 seconds and the product never exceeds 100 degrees.
I was on a mission to find something to supplement my diet and busy schedule without taking isolated vitamins when I came across this. I make a quick smoothie for breakfast packed with all this nutrition and I can sail through lunch easy! http://www.urilife.co...­
Living Awesome!
Linda
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 193
I've been wanting to post more and here's a start. This is the Dr Oz green drink from the Oprah show and a comment about it. Enjoy!

Dr. Oz Green Drink Recipe

2 apples, cored
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 celery stick, chopped
1 thumbnail length of ginger root, peeled
1 lemon - juice only (use peel slice for zest)
1 medium cucumber
Place ingredients in a blender, add 4 oz. spring water or a handful of ice cubes, then puree quickly for one minute. Makes two glasses of Dr. Oz?s green drink.

The green drink has a strong taste and if you are used to drinking soda or sweet tea, the taste will take some getting used to. Dr. Oz suggests adding other items at first to sweeten the green drink to your taste.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 208
Hi All,

On the Green Smoothie subject (believe me I can't get enough of this subject) and making it easier, here are a few options.

1. When purchasing your weekly greens wash the big batch of them and dry them in a salad spinner. Take portions and zip lock bag them. They are handy for just placing in the blender in the am. This will slow down the morning process tremendously.

2. Purchase at Sams Club or Costco (they have organic in a large tub for a fraction of the price of the markets). This way you can feel free to use the large amounts of greens needed to bring our bodies into balance and into a healing process.

3. Not a smoothie thing but a juice one. Don't forget about those collard, mustard and kale stems. They are great juicing and please add a hunk of ginger. WHEW! Good stuff going in and fast fix on energy and overall good feelings! Don't have a juicer... fill the blender and add some filtered or alkaline water and the ginger and blend away..... strain and drink. Yes, before I get the response, you will lose some of the nutrients from the spinning but you'll still have a lot more value than in any pasturized drink.

Peas and love,
Chef Olive