Post #: 726
Here's the website Connie - http://www.cafe118.co...­
It's a new raw cafe opening in Winter Park
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 405
Keep watching, it'll be happening soon. I was with the guy's from the cafe today and it should be in about two weeks. Right around Veg Fest time. Joe promised me he would let me know at least 1 week ahead of time. So keep looking at the site people! We'll have a night out together soon!

Peace!
A former member
Post #: 1
Is Cafe 118 going to be a vendor or have any sort of presence at Veg Fest per chance?
Karen
rawfoodchica
Orlando, FL
Post #: 19
Hello r,
I just checked out the veg fest site and saw that cafe 118 is going to be a vendor. Here's the link to the veg fest site http://www.cfvegfest.org/­. Hope this helps!
Karen
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 409
I am sorry to be the bearer but they (Cafe 118) have not committed at this point other than verbally. We are hoping for them to solidify the statement but at this point and this is a late point now, they have not. I have pleaded and Larry is now trying to get it solid. There is an earnest search for raw food for the festival. Larry and Allison both love Raw Food and support us totally. They will (as well as I will) be looking for options of Raw there.

I'll be back with Joe this weekend to help advertise the restaurant at the David Wolfe event and will see where they are then. I'm hopeful!

Peace!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 414
Happy bearer of Good News! Cafe 118 will be there with RAW FOOD for us! I am thrilled, and know that you are too. There will be another raw food option that will be serving raw and cooked. I must say my preference will be Joe and Matthew (I know....I didn't have to say).

Come one and all...... We Will Have Raw Food!!!!!!!

Peace!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everybody,
I am coming to Orlando next week and would like to know if Cafe 118 is open yet, I have been to the website and even tried to call the phone number and it is disconnected. My Fiance is a raw fooder and this our anniversary week and I would like to surprise her with a nice raw food dinner one night.

Thanks
Jim
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 421
Wow Jim,

I didn't see this post on the site but think I answered you in an e'mail. No, they will not be open until the end of next week and still only a possible on that. I hope to talk to Joe today and find a better and more final answer for you.

Thanks
Cris
CrisField
Orlando, FL
Post #: 9
I finally made it to Cafe 118 yesterday. It was awesome!!!

I had the Spinach Lasagna. It had zucchini 'pasta' with sun-dried tomato sauce, basil pesto sauce, and macadamia nut 'ricotta' cheese, topped with spinach, and drizzled with an herbed olive oil. I hear raw foodists say, "this tastes like real cheese." Most of the time it's not true in my experience. This really does! After the lasagna, I was satisfied. I didn't need to eat anymore. But....

...there was dessert! I had the S'more. Again -- awesome! The marshmallow filling was between the graham crackers and drizzled with chocolate sauce. I reeeeally wanted to lick the plate. If I was at home, I would have!

Service was informative and attentive. I sat outside because it was such a beautiful day. Nice day, nice restaurant, awesome food. Pricey though -- darn!