Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Dinner @ Cafe 118 with Joe Diaz and Matthew Kenney!

Dinner @ Cafe 118 with Joe Diaz and Matthew Kenney!

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 431
Thanks to all of you for making this a desired event. I have more than 50 people for a place that holds only 30. I have just talked with Joe and here is what he will be doing. The advantage of the "Early 30" is we will be in when the restaurant is closed to the public. Matthew and Joe will speak to us and we will order. I have asked for a Sampler Plate for those of you that want to have a taste of everything, or almost everything. We will be ordering off the menu other than the sampler if offered.

The restaurant will open after us @ 5pm for everyone else. Matthew and Joe will be around all night to talk and greet you all so please know that you all will be served and welcomed. He has offered this special time for me and the group because I am a great beggar. Please continue to respond and state the time you will be showing. This will allow others to see the best time to come. They will stay open until 10pm. We are merely starting this party! Let's enjoy our New Raw Food Restaurant "Cafe 118"

Peace!
Karen
rawfoodchica
Orlando, FL
Post #: 22
Hello Chef Olive,

Just wanted to let you know that Hugo and I should be there at 2pm. Hope this helps. See you soon!
Kimberle S.
A-LiveandHealthy
Merritt Island, FL
Post #: 3
Good morning Chef Olive, Thank You SO MUCH arranging this event. I'm so excited to see the Fabulous response! We will be there for the 2:00 seating. Can't wait to see you. Kim
Melissa
CheezzWhizz
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 740
Unfortunately we can't make the trip after all. sad
Have a great time!!
A former member
Post #: 24
Our Favorite Chef Olive~
Michael, Chari, & Nick will be there at 2:00 PM with bells on!
Very excited. We have friends with great reports about
their experiences eating there already! Heard the "lasagna"
was "to live for".
biggrinNeeding Olive hugs~
Chari

Situation with Nick-
he's okay
Must have raincheck
staying with him this afternoon
still needing hugs-
chari
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 433
Meetup Members

I have been trying to work out a plan for everyone to hear Matthew and Joe speak in the beginning even though the space is tight. I want you all to know that I respect your time but I have to respect the small space. I don't know if everyone will show up so I can not make any promises on the eating at 2pm end just the talk. I will propose to Joe that I seat the first 30 (any questions count up from the bottom of the list) any changing the RSVP has changed position. They will be the eaters at 2pm. The others will enter in standing to hear Joe and Matthew speak. They will be able to order "to go" after the talk or return at 5pm and sit to dine. Matthew and Joe will be there greeting people all evening but the talk will only be once. I am making an earnest attempt to have everyone pleased in such a short amount of time in a small space. Please work with me. I cannot return all the calls individually. I have over 80 people interested in coming to a 30 occupancy space.

Peace!

Heads UP! Everyone does not always show. You could be sitting and eating!
A former member
Post #: 24
How was it??? I couldn't make it and I"m so bummed. I will have to grab Lisa and we'll try to eat there this week. I'll see you all this next Sunday!!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 434
WOW! So good to hear you on the site Karen. I have missed you. The time was awesome to me. I think others wanted to hear more from them but they must remember these are not talk a lot fellows. I had a fabulous time with fabulous food.

Matthew will be in town until Wednesday. They are closed tomorrow and only open in the evenings. I would love to meet you, Lisa and anyone else there on Tuesday evening. I haven't seen Lisa in forever. I have invited my daughter there for dinner also on Tuesday eve. I don't make it back into town until somewhere between 7 and 7:30pm. What do you (or anyone else for that matter) think?

Let's keep them in business!
Olive
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Everyone,
I missed it too. I would love to meet you guys out there Tuesday night. 7 or 7:30 sounds great. Just keep me posted.

Lots of LOve,
Terrie
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 435
Please come Terrie, I'd love to have you dine with me smile I'll be looking for you! Make it 7:30pm. Anyone else?