addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Juicer and juicing

Juicer and juicing

Maria F. La R.
user 8338323
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
Hi all of you. I am VERY new at this but i am willing to go all the way. Right now I have a dilemma...everybody says that fiber is good, so why not only blend the juices and vegetables. Why is juicing (no fiber) then good???
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 474
Hey Maria,

Thanks for that 1st post .....love to see it happening here! I just did a class on juicers, juicing and juice blending. I hope to do another soon. The answer to your question is HEALING, in a huge way. Your body does not have to work to process the fiber just receive the benefits of the nutrition of the juice comsumed, and it does. Hope this helps with the short of it.

Peace!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 475
Sorry healing was the only thing to be underscored and I can't seem to take the bold off the rest. I am not yelling the statement to you.

Peace!
A former member
Post #: 1
Juicing makes the nutrients more bioavailable and easy to digest. It's excellent for cleansing when you want to keep the burden off the digestive tract (which would include the fiber.) Fiber is wonderful and has it's place. Think of juicing like taking liquid vitamins and minerals that get absorbed right away. And besides they can taste so good!
A former member
Post #: 17
And may I add, if you are drinking your green smoothies, you're getting plenty of fiber anyway! You all are drinking green smoothies, right? If not, you're missing out on a treat : )
Maria F. La R.
user 8338323
Orlando, FL
Post #: 3
Thank yo so much! I get it.

I have no specific illness, just turning raw and wanted to eat all that is available, For now I blend everything but it is true, when blending thick vegetables it is like very thick to drink it all, so that responds my own answer...other that the body would absorb more....

I didn't turn raw for the heck of it.... just that I follow my body and i have not being able to eat cooked food, it kind of disgust myself with it...weird. I believe the change is more spiritual than health itself.

So, for a new raw eater and not even new juicer. which juicer would you recommend? A champion that chews, an omega that can juice wheat grass or a black and decker ( which I had and nothing really came out of it when i put the vegetables)/

Thank you again for responding and helping me out. I know I will make a class and many, I just have been traveling a lot and have had company at home.

Maria
Maria F. La R.
user 8338323
Orlando, FL
Post #: 4
Hello!!!!

So which juicer do you guys recommend for a person that is not sick and just turning raw? Is a champion or an Omega too much?? or which one?
Thanks,
Maria
A former member
Post #: 18
Hey Maria -

I don't have any experience with the Omega, but I love my Champion. It's not supposed to do well with wheat grass though (which I've never tried to do with the Champion). I like it for carrots, beets, celery, apples, ginger - stuff like that. It's easy to clean when you deal with it right after juicing and things are still wet (as opposed to dried on). It's a major piece of equipment though - takes up a good amount of counter space.

I'd love to hear some other opinions too. How about it, Guys? I know many of you must be juicing at home. What do you love/hate about your juicer???

It's all good -
Janice
Maria F. La R.
user 8338323
Orlando, FL
Post #: 5
I thank all of you that helped me out in knowledge about juicing.

I understand...To make it easy it's really like drinking a juice when you are a normal eater...

About the juicer I hear the Breville is the best out there by all kinds of consumer reports. The Omega you can clean it at the end of the day and I saw it taking it apart....can do that with one hand and does wheat grass. But I cannot find a comparisson between the omega and the Breville....

Does anyone has one?
Maria
Dina H
RawcafeLeesburg
Leesburg, FL
Post #: 8
Hi Maria,
Just another thought for you. I have a champion for the last 18 years and it is a great juicer but over the last two years I use my blender and strain the juice out of the blend with a mesh bag. The clean-up is easier and it's one less appliance.

As for the champion, it doesn't juice leafy greens and grasses well. If I would recommend a juicer it would have to be a grass juicer like the healthy manual one ($45).

Use your blender for the harder vegetables and filter and use this one for the greens and softer fruits and veggies. Grass juices are amazing and something that you should research. They are not hard to grow and the benefits are incredible.

Good luck and enjoy your transition.

Bye the way, I had a Breville and returned it in a couple of days, that was just my experience.

Sincerely,
Dina