Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Organic produce co-op by Brenda

Organic produce co-op by Brenda

Charlotte C.
charlotc
Orlando, FL
Post #: 153
Here is the email from Brenda, regarding an organic produce co-op that she is heading up:

As mothers and friends, we have spent a good portion of our time wondering if our food quality was what we wanted to feed our families. We can find organic food in our supermarkets now; however it is still being brought to us from all corners of the U.S. and beyond in addition to being shipped and stored in the traditional supermarket fashion thereby eliminating the whole point of 'fresh'. This Co-op was born from the disappointment we felt in the quality and value available to us in our stores.

Our goal is to provide to your family and ours local, fresh, healthy organic whole foods at a reasonable price. We will strive to provide produce that is locally harvested and in season, when available, such as Young Thai Coconut, Organic Cacao Products, Local Raw Honey and other foods that would interest families that eat simple wholesome dishes. We also offer dry goods at the lowest price possible, including seeds, herbs, teas.

Whether you are a carnivore who wants to add more organic vegetables to your diet, a locavore, a vegan or raw foodist, we are the best alternative local Organic Produce and Dry Food source!

Orders arrive on Thursday, and must be prepaid by check or PayPal by Wednesday morning no later than 8:00 am. Delivery to your door is only $5 extra!

It is $48 per share or $25 per half-share.

Here is an example of what's included in one full share:

• Bicolor Corn (4),
  • Zucchini (2#),
  • Roma Tomatoes (2#),
  • Watercress (lg. bunch),
  • Collards (lg bunch),
  • Young Thai Coconut (2),
  • Mung Bean Sprouts (6oz),
  • Bananas (3#),
  • Sunchokes (12oz),
  • Meyer lemons (2#),
  • Portabella Mushrooms (1/2#).

Half shares may be ordered for $25. A half-share includes:

• Bicolor Corn (2),
  • Zucchini (1#),
  • Roma Tomatoes (2#),
  • Watercress (sm. bunch),
  • Collards (sm. bunch),
  • Young Thai Coconut (1)
  • Mung Bean Sprouts (3oz),
  • Bananas (3#),
  • Sunchokes (6oz),
  • Meyer lemons (1#),
  • Portabella Mushrooms (1/4#).

**Amounts are approximate, depending upon what is received.

We will need a minimum of 9 full shares or 17 half-shares to place the produce order for next Thursday. The dry goods (list available upon request) are available whether we have the produce or not. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

If this is something you'd like to participate in, just let me know and I will put you in touch with Brenda.
A former member
Post #: 11
Yes, Charlotte- i would be interested in contacting Brenda. Where is the pick up location so i can decide if i need delivery? Thanks! Barbara
Charlotte C.
charlotc
Orlando, FL
Post #: 156
Pick-up is in Kissimmee -- or, for a $5 fee, leave a cooler outside your door (with a freezer thingie to keep everything chilled) and have your fruits-and-veggies delivered to your home!!!

Contact me directly if you'd like to join in!!!