YOU MUST PAY CAMPING FEES BY TWO WEEKS BEFORE EVENT OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM "ATTENDING" LIST.
Grab your paddle & boat and head to our quaint fishing village, Cedar Key, FL! We hope you find our paddling trips and socials exciting - not to mention the delicious Cedar Key seafood and other yummy offerings. Come enjoy the Cedar Keys National Wildife Refuge, and your fellow paddlers.
The group campsite is $23.00 per person (one or two nights) in advance or $25.00 to me at the campsite. Please book your camping requirments with me so that we can get the group discount.
Cedar Key is an unspoiled gem of a small city, with interesting wooden buildings and magnificent scenery. It gives a glimpse of "Old Florida", and makes a great center for a vacation. This trip differs from most others in this book, in that:
1. The launch point is in the center of a popular vacation city.
2. The main destinations are visible from near the launch point.
3. Tidal currents are strong at spring tides in the main channels, and these can affect the
choice of destination.
4. There are no convoluted tidal creeks to negotiate before reaching the Gulf.
5. There is adequate depth of water throughout.
This is a sensitive area for wildlife. The interior of each of the islands except Atsena Otie Key is closed to public entry. All public access to Seahorse Key beaches is prohibited from March 1st to June 30th each year. This includes a 300 foot buffer round the island. Atsena Otie Key has a jetty on its west side, from which there is a nature trail.