addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Simply Laidback Adventurers, Campers and Kayakers (SLACKERS) Message Board › Ft de Soto camping---something to consider

Ft de Soto camping---something to consider

Carolyn
user 13230876
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 7
I'm a Pinellas County resident and would be glad to make a reservation depending on the date. We are limited to two tents to a site and a max of six people per site. I would recommend going for sites on the water, perhaps sites 211 to 218. Also limited to two cars per site but the extra cars can park across the street, after dropping off their gear.

A former member
Post #: 4
Do you all know that at Ft DeSoto Park in the tent section of the campgrounf there is a large day use building? It has solid roof, awning windows, huge fireplace, tables and chairs, puzzles and games. If weather is nasty, it is perfect. It would also be a perfect spot for a covered dish. There is zero parking by design. Visitors would have to walk in from the front gate.
Elizabeth P
user 9798777
Seminole, FL
Post #: 25
FYI, two of us have booked sites 211 for Feb 15 to 18, and site 212 for Feb 15 to 17. Pinellas County residents can book these dates NOW. The website has a campground map so you can book close by but 213 to 216 would be ideal. Technically the campground does not allow group camping so we will be limited in how many we can fit (maximum of six but more than likely 4 per site). If you want to camp that weekend and ensure you have a site, you should book one yourself. Non-county residents can book six months out.
Teresa C.
user 53581832
Lake Wales, FL
Post #: 1
I have always wanted to camp at Fort Desoto, I sure hope we can set that up. It is so beautiful there.
Matt
Matt.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 6
I am a Pinellas county resident, but could not figure out how to take advantage of that to reserve a site on-line. I will call tomorrow for one of the recommended sites. Are these RV sites or tent? I know it will be tough, but would love to do a day trip to Egmont. I will bring sangria!
Carolyn
user 13230876
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 8
Matt,

I think to do the seven month in advance reservation you have to call or go in the office. These are RV/tent sites. You can see pictures of a particular site on the Fort De Soto Web site...go to reservations and then choose by site to see a picture of the site.

Thanks. It will be a great camping trip!

Carolyn
Lynn H.
lynnhupp
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
I'll be happy to share a site with someone...otherwise I'll book something next month as I'm not in Pinellas County.
A former member
Post #: 11
FYI, two of us have booked sites 211 for Feb 15 to 18, and site 212 for Feb 15 to 17. Pinellas County residents can book these dates NOW. The website has a campground map so you can book close by but 213 to 216 would be ideal. Technically the campground does not allow group camping so we will be limited in how many we can fit (maximum of six but more than likely 4 per site). If you want to camp that weekend and ensure you have a site, you should book one yourself. Non-county residents can book six months out.

Elizabeth, I've booked 213 for Feb. 15 to 17.
Elizabeth P
user 9798777
Seminole, FL
Post #: 27
Matt, if you've never booked at Ft de Soto before, it'd be best to go to the Parks & Rec Office in the botanical garden at Ulmerton and 125th. You'll need a utility bill. The sites we booked are not in the RV or pet sections but you can put a travel trailer or pop up on it.

Thanks Carolyn and Joe. I just realized that the dates I gave you were for Fri and Sat so if you want to stay Sunday night as well (since Monday is a holiday, you might want to adjust your dates. Sorry for the confusion.
Matt
Matt.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 7
Can we set up a tent in an RV site, or should we look at other sections?