align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
Davida
user 32484042
High Springs, FL
Post #: 2
Thanks to all that retrieved my gear when I dumped. I really thank you all. It was much appreciated even if I was not able to thank you personally after the fact.

For future notice, I'd rather lose the gear than put anyone in harm's way.

BTW, I loved the trip, maybe even with the additional excitement of dumping as many times in one trip as I have turned over in my whole paddling life. (Is that the definition of a bad week? It sure felt like it. :) ) I can't wait to go again :) Maybe schedule a trip in May to August when the waves get lazy.

As a former member of various paddling groups around the state, I was impressed by the generosity and attentiveness shown by the slackers in a crisis situation. Believe me that it's atypical from my past experiences elsewhere.

Peace, David

PS- If anyone is interested, I can post a message regarding the effectiveness of outdoor gear in these sort of situations. I had plenty of time to think about events on the way home and consider alternatives.