addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Simply Laidback Adventurers, Campers and Kayakers (SLACKERS) Message Board › Recommendation for place to paddle near Lakeland?

Recommendation for place to paddle near Lakeland?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi. I haven't kayaked since moving to Fl 2 yrs ago. I want to get on the water for a short paddle this weekend... to make sure the kayak and I remember what to do. Can anyone recommend a place?
diane
user 4080694
Dover, FL
Post #: 7
juniper springs..weeki watchie.....hillsbough river...calidasi island........ depends on what u r looking for
A former member
Post #: 1
If you don't mind a lake then you might try Banana Lake or the Carter Road Park. Lake Parker is big and open and on the North side you can follow the canals. The gators are big but won't bother you much.

Carter Road had a big gator in the furthest pit that they call big mamma. She has run me off before. The first pit is more interesting to look at and has steeper sides so less gators.

Lake Hancock is nice but access can be problematic.

I enjoy the old phosphate pits such as Carter Road Park.

When they do the trips down the Hillsborough ever couple of months they are a good trip. Only about 30 minutes from Lakeland.

A former member
Post #: 3
If you're still looking for a place, try Saddle Creek County Park. It's between Lakeland & Auburndale.