Simply Laidback Adventurers, Campers and Kayakers (SLACKERS) Message Board › St. Augustine Exploratory Paddle

St. Augustine Exploratory Paddle

Joanne L.
user 4854696
Orlando, FL
Post #: 142
Anyone interested in joining me in St. Augustine for an exploratory paddle? I've never paddled the area before and would like to scope it out.

Flexible on dates/times.
Bob W.
user 65126152
Bradenton, FL
Post #: 1
http://www.riverwindk...­

I am going up there for training in Dec. see the above link. I will have info after that date to share although sounds like you want to go before that date. In any event, the above link references a put in and take out area and state park to stay in. Hope this helps. Perhaps there is room for additional class members? Tom is an excellent trainer.
A former member
Post #: 359
Paddle all over St. Augustine you can launch at Anastasia State Park follow the channel over to a small island like sandbar then kayak towards the fort no places to exit around fort and will have to cross a wide channel with heavy boat traffic I would say not for beginners. If you like salt marshes you can kayak Faver Dykes or Princess Place. Anything you do near or around the inland waterway this time of year lots of large boat traffic unless you kayak the salt marshes
A former member
Post #: 360
Also in the area is Guana paddle trail, six mile creek, Moses creek and trout river just throwing them out there so
You have some names to research I have paddled all if them