Simply Laidback Adventurers, Campers and Kayakers (SLACKERS) Message Board › Hiking or Kayaking Florida East coast

Hiking or Kayaking Florida East coast

Hiker E.
user 4980819
Port Orange, FL
Post #: 57
Just wondered if any SLACKERS would have an interest in hiking, camping and/or kayaking somewhere along the east side of our state? I've been asked to try to see if there is any interest and if so set up some activities. As far as Kayaking, there are many opportunities in the Canaveral Seashore area and the rivers between Daytona and Titusville. For camping, there a some parks that support tents/RV's and hold some nice hiking trails that are also near to kayaking waters. There are many hiking trails as well with some awesome hikes along cliffs overlooking Spruce Creek that few people are aware of. Cant forget to mention some of the islands also near Edgewater/Oak Hill that support overnight camping and fishing/shrimping activities. Lastly, would there be any interest in doing some shrimping? Not sure how many folks know but the east coast holds/breeds some of the best tasting shrimp in the world (my opinion). Janurary starts the season for dipping shrimp and I and many friends go often to fill our freezer with these tasty morsels. If there is some interest, I could find some boat space for Slackers to come along. Okay, enough rattling here, let me know if there is any interest in anything I mentioned. Thx.....
Jenny
jennyfree
Palm Bay, FL
Post #: 2
I would be interested. I also have a 21 ft and a 13ft Boston Whaler and three shrimp nets, so I would be interested in shrimping. I live in Palm Bay and it would be nice to have more options on the east coast.

Jenny
Kristina
user 13060071
Tampa, FL
Post #: 9
I would love to learn to shrimp. I have been pondering camping and hiking over long weekends. I do enjoy kayaking and camping but the diversity would be nice. Thanks for pioneering. Kristina
diane
user 4080694
Dover, FL
Post #: 23
camping and paddling...prefer during the week
Sam G.
samibe61
Group Organizer
Plant City, FL
Post #: 8
Include me in Shrimping, camping and kayaking trips
Hiker E.
user 4980819
Port Orange, FL
Post #: 58
I have some specific ideas based on some replys here. Please keep the thoughts coming so I can get a feel for about how many people. Thanks for those that have commented. Ed
Lynn H.
lynnhupp
Orlando, FL
Post #: 7
I'm interested...have never been shrimping but would love to learn. I'm always up for kayaking and camping.
Victoria P
user 37268132
Clearwater, FL
Post #: 22
Hey there, hiker Ed! I also would be interested in a shrimping outing, with camping on the east coast...paddling, too...not much of a hiker...yet:) wasn't much of a kayaker either afore moving to this beautiful state!
Elizabeth P
user 9798777
Seminole, FL
Post #: 47
There is fabulous backcountry camping on the islands in Canaveral National Seashore. I went a year and a half ago...not too hard to get reservations. I'd be interested in a multi-day trip kayak camping trip with day-hikes anywhere in the area. It's pretty cool to watch the sunrise over the water for a change!
Julie A.
user 8252034
Orlando, FL
Post #: 74
I'm up for it.