Simply Laidback Adventurers, Campers and Kayakers (SLACKERS) Message Board › Hiking or Kayaking Florida East coast

Hiking or Kayaking Florida East coast

Ronda G
user 62947572
Riverview, FL
Post #: 22
I love kayaking and camping! Also would like to get some hiking in. I don't like shrimp (weird, I know) but would go shrimping for the fun of it!
Donna T.
user 13042946
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
Definitely interested!
Matt
user 4613326
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 16
I have never been there. I would love the opportunity. Thanks. Matt
Anna
user 33477342
Seminole, FL
Post #: 2
Hi Ed, I would be interested in shrimping, kayaking and camp :-))
Hiker E.
user 4980819
Port Orange, FL
Post #: 61
Here we go. Shrimp Tourny and BBQ: http://www.meetup.com...­
Elizabeth P
user 9798777
Seminole, FL
Post #: 51
I don't eat shrimp but still interested in backcountry camping on the islands in the area. Maybe late Mar/early April?
Dean & Tyra S.
user 8718740
Debary, FL
Post #: 13
Hi Ed.. Here's a few ideas.going further North to a mostly unspoiled area of NE Florida are also some great "hidden in plain sight" places to explore and experience;

Paddle via Bings Landing to Washington Oaks State Park...travel on the Matanzas river...where the Spanish first landed/explore Ft. Matanzas just up river...this area is lined with undeveloped Islands with a numerous variety of bird life. Land and Explore WOSP and walk among the beautiful Gardens there,hike to the beach and see the Coquina rock shoreline. You may just spot a migrating Right Whale offshore who birth here in the Winter/Early Spring.

Paddle and explore Julington Creek which feeds into the St. John's River...culminating in a visit and lunch to the "World Famous" Clark's fish camp 6 miles total. Clark's is one of the most unusual fish camps anywhere...Taxidermist wildlife over fill this place to the max.

Princess Place preserve at Cherokee Grove along Pelicer Creek...Camp/Fish/Paddle/Hike/Bike/Explo­re the historical FL Agricultural center down the road. view an extremely old and very Large Eagles Nest 6'x12' in one of the most beautiful places in Florida.

St. Johns River Safari;Paddle across the mighty St. Johns River off-loading and leaving the boats behind at the Zoo docks and explore the amazing Jacksonville Zoo. It's great in spring where the nesting Night Herons and Storks are feet above your head on the African boardwalk.

Another NE Florida hidden gem is that of the Guana River and the wildlife rich Guana Six Mile of upper portion of the Guana Lake area..a diverse ecosystem there to ready explore. This place is an amazing bird attractor almost 300 species have been sighted here.

St. Augustine's Anastasia Park camp and paddle Salt run viewing the City scape from a distance abounds with wildlife here...stopping along the way for swimming and enjoying the nautical views all around. Lots to do here.