addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Simply Laidback Adventurers, Campers and Kayakers (SLACKERS) Message Board › peddle sailing kayaks

peddle sailing kayaks

Matt
Matt.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 17
I know the traditionalists will shun this discussion, but I have been considering buying a hobie peddele and sailing kayak. This would be in addition to the 3 paddling ones I already own. Do any of you have experience on one that could offer advice. I have never even tried one. Thanks. Matt
Linda S
LindaSpears
Ocala, FL
Post #: 119
It is all good Matt! I don't have one but several of my meetup kayaking friends do and formed their own peddle sailing group. I KAYAKED with an owner YESTERDAY, Herb Glover. Herb was trying to talk me into buying one yesterday! Several Jacksonville Meetup friends fave the Hobie Sailing kayaks. They are going to be sailing a week at St Andrews state park Panama City May 9th (panhandle). Check out Herb Glover , Susan and Darrel. They are the leaders in a meetup group on this peddle sailing. http://www.meetup.com...­. Brian (The Bear Hembling ) is the organizer. He is a good meetup friend, too. I miss those guys. Susan and Darrel have owned theirs for a few years. Everyone in all the Jax groups I have ever met loves their Hobies. They would be the folks to talk to...and get to know. I trust them, have gone on many kayak camping trips with them. Here's a video with all of US. Starts out with herb. Darrell is bowing. I am laughing my butt off hitting every obstruction. FYI-ignore the stuff about Herb's childhood; just a dramatic joke for the video.
https://vimeo.com/339...­
Matt
Matt.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 18
Thanks Linda. They look like a lot of fun, but they sure are expensive.
Linda S
LindaSpears
Ocala, FL
Post #: 120
There are a couple owners in the Southwest Florida Adventure Group too. Jeff may be one of them.