CIF Portfolio Production team – March 2011
Concept: We will produce one short film each month as a group.
Applies to - Anyone who has experience in any aspect of filmmaking or who wants to learn.
Benefits for participation:
1. Gain experience working on an actual project to completion.
2. Share knowledge and experience with others.
3. Network to help source for your own projects.
4. Get credit on projects to help build portfolio/demo reel.
5. Get your own project on the “to do” list by taking part in other projects.
6. Make friends and have fun doing what you love.
7. Possibility of entry in short film contests or non-profit placement.
Focus will be on no-budget, creative problem solving style short films.
Areas of development and responsibility may include:
10. Hair and Makeup
13. Equipment (cameras, audio, lighting, involved props)
14. Special Effects
16. Soundtracking (foley and scoring)
17. Titles / Credits
In a perfect world, we would have multiple people on each discipline, so for our purposes you should entertain the idea of wearing multiple hats. Perhaps as primary on those areas where you have strengths and/or experience, and maybe one where you are on support so you can learn and contribute.
Subject is open to group discussion and choice: Documentary, comedy, music video, horror, etc.
We have selected our theme for this month’s production: The Chase
Kickoff is to include the first Tuesday and following Sunday of each month.
At the moment, we are going to try to keep our weekly meetings on Tuesday evenings at 7PM.
Of course, the shoot schedule will depend on location and crew availability and will probably be on the weekend after week 2 meeting.
1. Week 1: Writers/storyboard meeting. Decisions on casting, locations, wardrobe, props, hair/makeup, required edits and special effects will be made, music styles should be discussed. Second draft writing and storyboarding should be done before this meeting.
Requires - Director, producer, writer, storyboard artist, wardrobe, hair and makeup, props, editor, visual effects artist, soundtrack artist.
2. Week 2:Pre-shoot meeting. Shot lists should be developed, equipment lists(Cameras, audio, lighting, properties, wardrobe, hair and makeup)should be developed, and location schedule should be developed before this meeting. We should do a verbal run-through of the shoot during the meeting. Shooting script should also be finalized for this meeting. Breakdown lists should be ready for the shoot (Production Manager). Location release/s, talent release/s signed and location aware of all schedules / activities (Location Manager).
Requires - Everyone taking part in the project. Special emphasis on Cameras, lighting, and sound to work out workflow and logistics.
3. The shoot. If your preparation was well done, you may live through this.
Basic rules – no cell phones, quiet on set/location, breaks, facilities, and food/drink. Timing, logistics, and location etiquette should be worked out at the week 2 meeting.
4. Week 3: Post production meeting. Editing, special effects, titles, soundtrack.
The editor/VFX artist/title artist/sound crew should arrange to provide material for group review at this meeting.
Requires - Director, editor, visual effects artist, soundtrack artist.
5. Week 4: After screening current project end result, start planning meeting for next project. This is the time when people sign up for areas of involvement. A theme and basic storyline should be agreed upon to get the writers and storyboard people working.
Involves - Anyone who wants to take part in the next production.
Of course everyone is welcome at each meeting. I am just listing the people required at a minimum to cover their areas of responsibility. Each discipline should be double covered to allow for scheduling issues and attrition.
Just because we have a spot has names doesn’t mean it’s closed. We would be happy to spread the assignments a bit, or include you in a team. Anyone participating will be credited on the production and can use the final product for building a portfolio / demo reel.
Current sign up list:
Writing – Gary, Dustin, Storm
Storyboard – TBD
Directing – Storm, Gary
Producing – Storm, Gary
Production manager – TBD
Location Manager - TBD
Cinematography – Gary, Cindy
Editing – Storm, Cindy
Acting – Casting Call
Art Department (Props, costumes, hair and makeup)- TBD
Sound – Dustin
Lighting – Gary
Equipment (Cameras, audio, lights, etc.) – Gary, Dustin
Visual FX – Storm, Cindy, Gary
Stunts – Storm, Gary
Soundtracking (foley and scoring) – Gary, Storm, Dustin
Titles/Credits – Cindy
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Our Official Facebook Page!||May 23, 2013 10:19 PM||kevin k.|
|Seeds for a Common Garden project||April 18, 2011 10:15 PM||former member|
|DSLR Production and Skills Acquisition||April 14, 2011 9:53 PM||former member|
|March Production Portfolio Project||March 3, 2011 11:21 AM||former member|
|About Central Indiana Filmmakers||February 27, 2011 2:54 PM||former member|