Central London Humanists Message Board Proposed Changes to the Constitution › Official announcement of our next AGM

Official announcement of our next AGM

Josh K.
JoshKutchinsky
Group Organizer
London, GB
Dear Member,

This is the official announcement that our next AGM is set for Thursday, 17 January, 2013 at 6.30pm at the Brockway Room, Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL. For further details and to RSVP see the event notice on Meetup http://www.meetup.com/Central-London-Humanists/events/92298442/­.

A separate note about the election of Officers and Committee members will soon be sent to all of our voting members.

At the AGM, the Committee will be proposing some changes to the Constitution - a version showing the proposed changes can be downloaded here­. The main ones relate to membership under section 4. At the moment we have two categories – non-voting (open to anyone who supports our aims) and voting (restricted to those who belong to the BHA). The problem with our non-voting category is that, unlike most organisations, we don’t know exactly who they are or have their contact details. We are therefore proposing to have three categories in future:

1. Supporters – Those who simply sign up to join us through Meetup, Facebook or our emailing list;

2. Non-voting members – Those who provide us with their name and email address (or postal address if they do not have email);

3. Voting members – Those who also belong to the BHA.

The other changes are, I think, self-explanatory, but they include reference under section 10 to the partnership agreement with the BHA which we discussed at last year’s AGM and which I signed earlier this year - as did most of the other BHA-affiliated groups throughout the country.

My reason for bringing this to your attention is to give you the opportunity to debate the changes in advance of the AGM so that we do not need to spend too much time on it at the meeting. Any comments you may have, or suggested changes to the wording, can be posted on Meetup (for others to see) at http://www.meetup.com/Central-London-Humanists/messages/boards/forum/7371112­ and emailed to me at alanpaula1@aol.com.

I very much hope I will have the pleasure of seeing you at the AGM..

Best wishes

Alan Palmer

Chair, Central London Humanists